Author Topic: What can man do to me?  (Read 942 times)

biblebuf

What can man do to me?
« on: March 05, 2014, 10:53:30 pm »
Moses built an altar and named it The LORD is My Banner ;(Exo. 17:15 )
If God is for us, who is against us? (Rom. 8:31 ) The LORD is for me; I will not fear ; What can man do to me? (Psa. 118:6 )
You have given a banner to those who fear You, That it may be displayed because of the truth. Selah. (Psa. 60:4 )
The LORD is my light and my salvation ; Whom shall I fear ? The LORD is the defense of my life ; Whom shall I dread ?Though a host encamp against me, My heart will not fear ; Though war arise against me, In spite of this I shall be confident. (Psa. 27:1, 3 )
"Now behold, God is with us at our head and His priests with the signal trumpets to sound the alarm against you. O sons of Israel, do not fight against the LORD God of your fathers, for you will not succeed." (2 Chr. 13:12 ) The LORD of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our stronghold. Selah. (Psa. 46:7 )
"These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful." (Rev. 17:14 )
Why are the nations in an uproar And the peoples devising a vain thing ? He who sits in the heavens laughs, The Lord scoffs at them.
(Psa. 2:1, 4 ) T"Devise a plan, but it will be thwarted ; State a proposal, but it will not stand, For God is with us.". (Isa. 8:10 )

Moss

Re: What can man do to me?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 05:18:47 pm »
This is the problem isn't it? The church no longer stands up for God, but it stands up for religion.

If you're fighting for God in an attempt to complete God's will for you, man can never do anything that will ever affect your relationship with God and salvation.

One of the big problems is that many Christians find it necessary to please man over pleasing God.

You see this even in the church when, people do things to get approval from other members for their actions. It is like in the Scriptures were the Pharisees made a big deal of the religion, making sure that everyone knew when they were fasting and praying.

What can man do? He can take your mind off your mission.

clark thompson

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 03:47:49 pm »
The worst thing the world can do to us is send us to our heavenly home.

Fat

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 04:05:38 pm »
The worst thing the world can do to us is send us to our heavenly home.

;)