Author Topic: Eph 3:8-10  (Read 765 times)

clark thompson

Eph 3:8-10
« on: March 18, 2014, 06:49:55 pm »
Ephesians 3:8-10

King James Version (KJV)

8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Ephesians 3:8-10

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

8 This grace was given to me—the least of all the saints—to proclaim to the Gentiles the incalculable riches of the Messiah, 9 and to shed light for all about the administration of the mystery hidden for ages in God who created all things. 10 This is so God’s multi-faceted wisdom may now be made known through the church to the rulers and authorities in the heavens.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

8 Grace is given from God there is nothing we can do to earn it or keep it, it is simply a gift which costs us nothing but cost Him His life. Paul was humble. Paul did many great things for the gospel and was a very important part of God’s plan but Paul knew it was the Lord using Him that allowed him to do the things he did. Paul was called by God to preach to the non-Jewish or the Gentiles. Paul knew His plan for him, we can much easier serve the Lord when we know what He has for us but we like Paul will only figure His plan for us out after we follow in obedience not knowing where He is leading us.

9 People knew of God and followed after their own gods out of fear of the true God. People deep down know that there must be a god but does not mean they accept God. There may be some that reject God so much they can not see the truth of God because they are blinded by their own sins. God made all things and because most people do not accept things being made out of nothing they believe there would have been a creator.

10 God used Paul to bring the message to the world soon Christianity would grow into something Rome could not even take down. Christianity became stronger than the strongest empire ever.

Better to be a servant of the King than to be a king in hell.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Re: Eph 3:8-10
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 12:16:00 am »
I agree with you Clark, Paul always found a way to give credit to Christ of all he was able to accomplish and of the Gospel he preached.

We are not all called to preach but we should make sure that Christ is given all glory for our works we do because of our love for Him and His love for us.

Vs 9 (the mystery) Jew and Gentile come together under one Messiah.

ZLaw

Fat

Re: Eph 3:8-10
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 10:41:12 am »
10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

The Church will bring glory to our God, and all Heaven will rejoice and the mystery of wisdom of God will be reveled.