Author Topic: Eph 4:4-6  (Read 760 times)

clark thompson

Eph 4:4-6
« on: May 02, 2014, 05:58:17 pm »

Ephesians 4:4-6

King James Version (KJV)

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Ephesians 4:4-6

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

4 There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope at your calling—  5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,  6 one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in all.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

4 We are of one body the church, those that have faith in Jesus should be connected by their faith but to many times people are divided by their faith in Christ, and this is done by them because Christ would not put division between His own. The Spirit is the Holy Spirit and all we believers have received the Spirit and the Spirit will guide us to do God’s will in our lives, we should be obedient to the Spirit’s call. Our one hope is to one day see the face of Jesus, the hope of the new life with Him.

5 Our one Lord is Jesus we as Christians should not put anything or anyone else on the same level we put Christ. There are many who are not Christians but there is still only one true Lord they just reject Him. The one Faith is the one that saves and never lets you down. Faith in God never lets you down and He will stay true till the end and this faith will never pass away many false faiths will pass away before the judgment but only the true faith will last past the judgment. We are should be baptized with water only one time because we will receive the most important baptism only once and that is the baptism of the Spirit and this happens when we come to Him thru faith.

6 There is but One God who is Jesus. He created all things and all things were made by Him. All false gods will pass away with those who serve them but those who serve God will live forever thru our Lord Jesus.

Better to be a servant of the King than to be a king in hell.

JB Horn

Re: Eph 4:4-6
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 12:06:36 am »
Paul repeated this message to the Corinthians. When you stop and think about what he is saying, it becomes amazing and uplifting to realize that we are tied together as one as is the Godhead. Is this not what Jesus prayed for in John 17?

1 corinthians 12:11–13

But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills. For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

John 17:20 "I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word ; 21 that they may all be one ; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.
22 "The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one ; 23 I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me.

Peace
JB

Fat

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 04:34:05 pm »
The text uses the word 'hope' in verse 4. A better translation for Elpis is anticipate of coming joy. We all share in the glory to come, the fear of death is gone.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 06:43:25 am »
We are family, so act like it.