Author Topic: One at a Time  (Read 1297 times)

Fat

One at a Time
« on: May 23, 2014, 07:09:36 pm »
One at a Time
In your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.
1 Peter 3:15

I once heard a story of a foolish man who declared he could fight the whole British army. When he was asked how he could draw so long a bow as that, he said, “This is what I would do. I know I am the best swordsman in the world, so I would go and challenge one British soldier and kill him, then take another, and kill him. In this way I only want time enough and I would kill the whole British army.”
It was a ridiculous boast, but there is something in it that I could not bring out so well in any other way. If we want to conquer the world for the Lord Jesus Christ, rest assured we must do it in this foolish man’s fashion. We must take people one by one, and these must be brought to Christ. Otherwise the great mass will remain untouched. Do not imagine for a moment that you are going to convert a nation at once. You are to convert the people of that nation, one by one, through the power of God’s Holy Spirit. It is not for you to suit your machinery and arrange your plans for the moving of a mass as such. You must look to the salvation of the units.

C.H. Spurgeon

JB Horn

Re: One at a Time
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 09:59:13 pm »
We are not all  Billy Graham's and can't draw large audience to hear our witness.
But we should never give up the chance to let the Holy Spirit do His work be it to one or a thousand.

clark thompson

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 03:09:56 pm »
It is less scary dealing with one person or thing at a time too because our focus is narrowed to what God want us to do right then.

Fat

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 03:42:31 pm »
Clark you're right, and one other advantage is that you can answer the specific questions that one individual has, you can't do that with a crowd.

Kimberley

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 06:59:14 am »
It is easier to face one person at a time but we know that may not always be the case. We are all speaking out to one another here and may be many, right? I love in the book of Luke, chap. 21 in talking about the last days which we are living in, as well as the then coming destruction of Jerusalem. (romans 15:4) Jesus gave this encouragement, 21:7-15 but specifically 12-15 ".....people will lay their hands on you and persecute you, .....you will be brought before kings and govenors for the sake of my name. It will result in your giving a witness. Therefore, resolve in your hearts not to rehearse beforehand how to make your defense, for I will give you words and wisdom that all your opposers together will not be able to resist or dispute." we are never ever alone when we speak. The verse quote by the original poster of this thread was 1Peter 3:15. To "always be ready to make a defense before everyone who demands of you a reason for the hope you have...BUT DOING SO WITH A MILD TEMPER aND DEEP RESPECT."

Kimberley

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 07:03:40 am »
Please excuse my capital letters below in previous reply. Not implying I'm yelling. Just a limited old trac phone keyboard and can't use a different font to show emphasis or italics. Thanks.

Henry

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 06:12:55 pm »
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

it does not say "Go therefore and make alter-calls of all the nations and then walk away" Give the man a fish by all means but give the extra time required to teach him to fish and feed himself