Author Topic: Accidents, Not Punishments - By The Rev. C. H. Spurgeon  (Read 448 times)

Bob

Accidents, Not Punishments - By The Rev. C. H. Spurgeon
« on: January 10, 2015, 01:57:05 pm »
Sermon #408  Accidents, Not Punishments

A Sermon Delivered On Sunday Morning, September 8, 1861,
By The Rev. C. H. Spurgeon,
At The Metropolitan Tabernacle, Newington.

“There Were Present At That Season Some That Told Him Of The Galileans, Whose Blood Pilate
Had Mingled With Their Sacrifices. And Jesus Answering Said Unto Them, Suppose You
That These Galileans Were Sinners Above All The Galileans, Because They Suffered Such Things?
I Tell You, No: But, Unless You Repent, You Shall All Likewise Perish. Or Those Eighteen,
Upon Whom The Tower In Siloam Fell And Killed Them, Think You That They Were Sinners
Above All Men That Dwelt In Jerusalem! I Tell You, No: But, Unless You Repent,
You Shall All Likewise Perish.”
Luke 13:1-5.

[jwp=222,22,image]http://inhisword.net/spur/mp3/no408.mp3[/jwp]

JB Horn

Re: Accidents, Not Punishments - By The Rev. C. H. Spurgeon
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 01:13:02 pm »
I believe that Spurgeon is correct when he says that fatal accidents that occur here on earth are not necessarily any kind of punishment for sin. After all God has a set of time for us all to die. Thousands of Christians have been put to death recently by Muslim jihadist, would you say that these Christians were put to death because they have sinned, of course not. The death that God uses to punish sin is not the death that occurs to the flesh, it is the death that is ever lasting, a death to the soul. You wages of sin are death, but not the kind of death that is a result of an accident.