Author Topic: Luke 2:49-52  (Read 1209 times)

clark thompson

Luke 2:49-52
« on: January 16, 2015, 06:39:29 pm »
Luke 2:49-52 King James Version (KJV)

49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

50 And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.

51 And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.

52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

Luke 2:49-52

CLV 49 And He said to them, "Why is it that you sought Me? Had you not perceived that I must be among the things which are My Father's? 50 And they do not understand the declaration which He speaks to them. 51 And He descended with them and came into Nazareth, and was subject to them. And His mother carefully kept all these declarations, parleying them in her own heart." 52 And Jesus progressed in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men."

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

49 Jesus would have known why they were searching for Him but unless He asked them it may have not came to their thoughts, it also opened they door for Him to share. They may have forgotten who His true Father was. They may have forgotten who He was and still is.

50 They did not understand, they did not have the Spirit to guide them in the truth as we do today.

51 Jesus being perfect was the perfect child even though He was and is God He obeyed the things they told Him to do.

52 Jesus had to grow up, He had to wait for the age that was accepted for a teacher to come, Jesus had to wait a time, we are to not jump right into things when we first come to faith, we have to grow first.

Fat

Re: Luke 2:49-52
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 03:59:15 pm »
What I see here is a slight conflict in being both man and God. On the one hand He has to obey the law which requires respect to his parents on the other is duty is to the Father that is in heaven, not Joseph. God has far more patients than we do. Remember at the wedding when He turn the water into wine he told Mary it was not yet His time. He really didn't start His ministry until His baptism by John the Baptist.

Moss

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 08:27:53 am »
How strange it must have been to have the Creator living with you. we see very little interaction He. Had with His early family in the Scriptures.

Hal

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 12:00:15 pm »
I think that His parents knew they had no  Authority over Him, but a duty to protect Him until His time came.