Author Topic: Before honor comes humility  (Read 510 times)

biblebuf

Before honor comes humility
« on: January 24, 2015, 01:45:45 pm »
We are unworthy slaves

But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, "GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE." (James 4:6) But the centurion said, "Lord, I am not worthy for You to come under my roof, but just say the word, and my servant will be healed. (Matt. 8:8)  But she said, "Yes, Lord; but even the dogs feed on the crumbs which fall from their masters' table." (Matt 15:27)
Serving the Lord with all humility and with tears and with trials which came upon me through the plots of the Jews; (Acts 20:19 )
"It is not this way among you, but whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant,  and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be your slave;  just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many." (Matt. 20:26-28 ) A man's pride will bring him low, But a humble spirit will obtain honor. (Pro 29:23)
For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. (Gal. 6:3 ) For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.  (Rom. 12:3 ) "So you too, when you do all the things which are commanded you, say, 'We are unworthy slaves; we have done only that which we ought to have done.' " (Luke 17:10 )  But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves; (2 Cor. 4:7 ) The fear of the LORD is the instruction for wisdom, And before honor comes humility. (Pro. 15:33) Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved , bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; (Col 3:12)

Hal

Re: Before honor comes humility
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 04:20:40 pm »
"We are unworthy slaves"
YES!!!
For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy , and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion . So then it is not of him that willeth , nor of him that runneth , but of God that sheweth mercy .