Author Topic: As obedient children we cry out, "Abba! Father!"  (Read 738 times)

biblebuf

As obedient children we cry out, "Abba! Father!"
« on: January 30, 2015, 12:32:38 am »
For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!" (Rom. 8:15 ) "Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. (Matt 23:9)
Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You,.."I am no longer in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, that they may be one even as We are…."O righteous Father, although the world has not known You, yet I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me; (John 17:1,11, 25 ) And He was saying, "Abba! Father! All things are possible for You; remove this cup from Me; yet not what I will, but what You will." (Mark. 14:36 ) so that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"(Gal. 4:5-6) for through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father. So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, (Eph. 2:18, 19 )
For You are our Father, though Abraham does not know us And Israel does not recognize us. You, O LORD, are our Father, Our Redeemer from of old is Your name.(Isa. 63:16 )
'I will get up and go to my father, and will say to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in your sight;  I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me as one of your hired men."'  "So he got up and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion for him, and ran and embraced him and kissed him.
 (Luke 15:18-20 )
Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. (Eph. 5:1 ) As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance, (1 Peter 1:14)

JB Horn

Re: As obedient children we cry out, "Abba! Father!"
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 10:31:21 am »
The concept of adoption seems to be hard to grasp by many people. The child does not adopt the parents but the parents choose the child. A child does not earn his adoption.