Author Topic: What Christian religion are you?  (Read 2067 times)

Domenic

What Christian religion are you?
« on: February 05, 2015, 12:38:08 pm »

There are many groups of Christian religions in the world. Many seem to have the same basic idea what the Bible says. I use the KJV. I match my Bible to the scrolls the Bible was taken from.  After all, if it was taken from the scrolls the two should match word for word. Which Bible do you use?
Do you believe things like, going to heaven, and a hell of fire?

Bob

Re: What Christian religion are you?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 01:06:39 pm »
There are many groups of Christian religions in the world. Many seem to have the same basic idea what the Bible says. I use the KJV. I match my Bible to the scrolls the Bible was taken from.  After all, if it was taken from the scrolls the two should match word for word. Which Bible do you use?
Do you believe things like, going to heaven, and a hell of fire?

The bible was not taken from the scroll.
I use the NAS, it's more accurate. HCS not bad either.

Domenic

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 02:00:51 pm »
The bible was not taken from the scroll.
I use the NAS, it's more accurate. HCS not bad either.

And where did the NAS come from?

Bob

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 02:08:11 pm »
And where did the NAS come from?
Google it.
Where did the lkjv come from?

Sorry about that I'm on my phone.

Why don't you tell us where Mark 16  in the lkjv came from.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 02:11:00 pm by Bob »

Domenic

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 02:19:59 pm »
Google it.
Where did the lkjv come from?

Sorry about that I'm on my phone.

Why don't you tell us where Mark 16  in the lkjv came from.

The book of mark was written by mark in Rome about 60-65 of the CE.
The KJV came from the scrolls. Where did the NAS come from?

Domenic

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 03:25:29 pm »
Bob,
From what I read, the New American Standard Bible as stated by Wikipedia,  came from other Bibles, and the Hebrew, and Greek scrolls.
So they should match the scrolls. Did you match them already?

Bob

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 03:45:21 pm »
The book of mark was written by mark in Rome about 60-65 of the CE.
The KJV came from the scrolls. Where did the NAS come from?

Strange that Mark 16 stopped at verse 8 until one thousand years after the death of Mark. I thought you were a bible scholar.

Quote from: domenic
From what I read, the New American Standard Bible as stated by Wikipedia,  came from other Bibles, and the Hebrew, and Greek scrolls.

What you read was wrong just as your statement that the KJV came from the dead sea scrolls. BTW the first edition appeared in 1611 and when were the scrolls found?

Domenic

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 04:03:45 pm »
Strange that Mark 16 stopped at verse 8 until one thousand years after the death of Mark. I thought you were a bible scholar.

What you read was wrong just as your statement that the KJV came from the dead sea scrolls. BTW the first edition appeared in 1611 and when were the scrolls found?

1) You asked; "
"Why don't you tell us where Mark 16  in the lkjv came from."  You did not ask for the history of what was found, and when.
2) You said I said:   "the KJV came from the dead sea scrolls. "  I never said that. I said the KJV came from the scrolls. The Dead sea scrolls were found long after the KJV was written. But the dead sea scrolls do match the scrolls the KJV was taken from...so again I say,  "The Bible should match the scrolls word for word, unless there has been changes made.
Please take no insult in this, but you seem to try and direct questions away from yourself by asking questions you don't seem to have answers to?

Bob

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 04:25:19 pm »
1) You asked; "
"Why don't you tell us where Mark 16  in the lkjv came from."  You did not ask for the history of what was found, and when.
2) You said I said:   "the KJV came from the dead sea scrolls. "  I never said that. I said the KJV came from the scrolls. The Dead sea scrolls were found long after the KJV was written. But the dead sea scrolls do match the scrolls the KJV was taken from...so again I say,  "The Bible should match the scrolls word for word, unless there has been changes made.
Please take no insult in this, but you seem to try and direct questions away from yourself by asking questions you don't seem to have answers to?

So tell me where did the last half of Mark 16 come from in the KJV? I am asking you again PLEASE. Did it come from "The Scrolls"?

You ask questions but never give answers.

The NASB has been produced with the conviction that the words of Scripture, as originally penned in the Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek, were inspired by God. The NASB is a precise translation that you can read with confidence as you conduct a personal journey through God's Word.
In perfecting the updated NASB, more than 20 translators spent nearly three years scrutinizing the NASB in order to modernize and maintain it in accordance with the most recent research on the oldest and best manuscripts. Thus, some passages have been updated for even greater fidelity to the original manuscripts.
At NO point did the translators attempt to interpret Scripture through translation. Instead, the NASB translation team adhered to the principles of literal translation. This is the most exacting and demanding method of translation, requiring a word-for-word translation that is both accurate and readable. This method follows the word and sentence patterns of the original authors in order to enable the reader to study Scripture in its most literal format and to experience the individual personalities of those who penned the original manuscripts. For example, one can directly compare and contrast the simple eloquent style of John with the deep complexity of Paul.

http://www.lockman.org
No other Bible used!

Fat

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 05:03:05 pm »
I don't know about the OT in the KJV but the NT came from the Textus Receptus created from sometime in the 15th century.

P. S.

NAS -  Religion? None, I follow Christ.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 05:06:30 pm by Fat »

Domenic

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 06:24:13 pm »
So tell me where did the last half of Mark 16 come from in the KJV? I am asking you again PLEASE. Did it come from "The Scrolls"?

You ask questions but never give answers.
No other Bible used!

To answer your question" "Where did the other half of Mark 16 come from: But it is in the Bible, thus it had to come from the scrolls. Maybe the writers of the Bible left it at first to protect what their religion was saying. And it is not me who does not answer questions, it is you. You have yet to say where your bible came from.
Again: From what I read, the New American Standard Bible as stated by Wikipedia,  came from other Bibles, and the Hebrew, and Greek scrolls.

Perhaps you believe your Bible just fell out of Heaven. If it matches the scrolls, I would trust it. If not, I would trash it.

Genesis 3:15 in all present day Bibles are written in English. The same scripture in the scrolls is not. Do you know in what manner it was written, and why? Genesis 3:15 is the key to the whole Bible.

Bob

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 06:43:53 pm »
To answer your question" "Where did the other half of Mark 16 come from: But it is in the Bible, thus it had to come from the scrolls. Maybe the writers of the Bible left it at first to protect what their religion was saying. And it is not me who does not answer questions, it is you. You have yet to say where your bible came from.
Again: From what I read, the New American Standard Bible as stated by Wikipedia,  came from other Bibles, and the Hebrew, and Greek scrolls.

Perhaps you believe your Bible just fell out of Heaven. If it matches the scrolls, I would trust it. If not, I would trash it.

Genesis 3:15 in all present day Bibles are written in English. The same scripture in the scrolls is not. Do you know in what manner it was written, and why? Genesis 3:15 is the key to the whole Bible.

Did you say you read the scroll? If so did you see the last half of Mark 16 in any of them? You're the one who says he compared the KJV with "the scrolls".

So your knowledge of the bible comes from Wikipedia? That's great, the link I gave you (http://www.lockman.org) are the people who translated the NAS.

Why is it that the KJV is the only translation that uses the word easter in Acts 12:4?
Is Easter part of your religion? Can you find the word 'easter' in "the scrolls"?

Apparently I've done better than the old King James's boys.

So you going to follow your own advise and trash that garbage and invest a few $ in a better translation? Or are you going to feed the easter bunny?

Fat

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 07:07:16 pm »

Hi Dom

Try this out with the scrolls

1 John 5 (KJV)
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Not any where but the KJV, wonder why?

Fat

Domenic

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 07:33:59 pm »
CC
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 07:50:33 pm by Domenic »

Bob

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 09:55:14 pm »
CC

Domenic stated that the translators of the NAS bible are not published and then removed the post. Here is the reason why.

For many years the names of the NASB translators and editors were withheld by the publisher. But in 1995 this information was finally disclosed. Below is the list of names posted on the publisher’s website in 2002.

Original NASB translators

Peter Ahn
Warren Allen
Gleason Archer
Herman Austel
Kenneth Lee Barker
Fred Bush
David L. Cooper
Richard W. Cramer
Edward R. Dalglish
Charles Lee Feinberg
Harvey Finley
Paul Gray
Edward F. Harrison   John Hartley
F. B Huey, Jr.
Charles Isbell
David W. Kerr
William L. Lane
Timothy Lin
Oscar Lowry
Elmer Martens
Henry R. Moeller
Reuben A. Olson
J. Barton Payne
Walter Penner
John Rea   W.L. Reed
Robert N. Schaper
Moisés Silva
Ralph L. Smith
Merrill C. Tenney
Robert L. Thomas
George Townsend
Bruce Waltke
Lowell C. Wendt
William C. Williams
Herbert M. Wolf
Kenneth Wuest
Fred Young

The 1995 revision

In 1992 the Lockman Foundation commissioned a limited revision of the NASB which was intended to improve its English style by allowing a somewhat less literal approach. The revision was published as the “NASB Updated Edition” in 1995. The revisers were:

Timothy L. Deahl
Paul Enns
Buist M. Fanning
Thomas Finley
Osvaldo Garcia   Kenneth Hanna
W. Hall Harris
Harold Hoehner
J. Carl Laney
David K. Lowery   Ted Martin
H. Bruce Stokes
Duane Wetzler
Dale Wheeler
Don Wilkins

Now Domenic can you tell us where you found the end of Mark 16 in your scrolls that you have compared with the KJV, thank you.

Do you celebrate the Easter that is found only in the KJV?

Law ask you if you're a polytheism?

Fat brought up a verse only found in the KJV, how does that set with your view of the trinity?

1 John 5 (KJV)
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.