Bible Talk > Eschatology

Why Are We What We Are?

(1/5) > >>

unknownservant:
This thought just came to my mind this morning, although it probably can't be true:

What if all those scholars and preachers out there don't teach the Truth because no one would get it anyway, except GOD'S Elect? And what if all those people that don't See Truth are meant to follow a rapture doctrine and that the rapture doctrine came about because in the last age at least one third were deceived by satan? And what if that same third has to be exposed to a deception again? And knowing that at the Fifth Trump that the Seal Of GOD (which is the TRUTH) would be put into GOD'S Elect anyway makes it so that teaching TRUTH is not a factor!

Especially if those that aren't GOD's Elect are blinded anyway!

But then again, maybe that can't be true because maybe everyone has to have a chance to have access to the TRUTH even if they don't See it!

What do you think?

And another reason that it is not likely true is that Judgment starts at the PulPit!

And this just came to me: (this morning, that is)

GOD hardens whom HE Will.
Some vessels are made for honor and some are made for dishonor.
Can the pot say to the POTTER, why have YOU made me thus?
And since GOD is completely 100 percent fair, I think that it all comes down to the kind of person that you are (or we are).
Which is why GOD hated Esau and loved Jacob before they were born.
So, Esau must have been a very bad character in the last age!

So, whatever we are, whatever we have in this age, whether we see or whether we don't see, the hand that we are dealt here was determined by what kind of person we were in the last age and what we did there. This age may be a chance to straighten that out. But it may be harder for some than for others because we always get what we deserve.

Rom 9:18  Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Rom 9:9  For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.
Rom 9:10  And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
Rom 9:11  (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
Rom 9:12  It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
Rom 9:13  As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Rom 9:14  What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Rom 9:15  For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Rom 9:16  So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
Rom 9:17  For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
Rom 9:18  Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Rom 9:19  Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Rom 9:20  Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21  Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22  What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23  And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
Rom 9:24  Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

In verse 14, it asks the question, is GOD unrighteous or unfair? GOD forbid, No way!
In verses 15 through 21, GOD says HE decides (basically it is none of our business)!
Now notice verse 22. It says that GOD was angry (wrath), but endured with patience those that were bad.
So, in verse 22 GOD tells us why we are what we are. HE says HE was willing to destroy, but endured with much patience (that means over time, 'endured' and 'much patience'), the vessels (not necessarily clay vessels this time) fit to be destroyed. So, these vessels (like Esau before he was born) were fit to be destroyed but GOD waited and put up with what they were doing, over a period of time.
Where GOD speaks of clay, it is representative of bodies made of earth, or flesh. So having hated Esau before he was born and loving Jacob before he was born (before they were clay), it indicates that we are what we are in this flesh life because of how we were in the age that was. Does anyone know where Jacob's offspring is today or where Esau's offspring is located? If you did, you would see that Jacob is still loved and Esau is still hated and that by their actions you may see why. I would elaborate, but I'm afraid you would make me chase my notes or have to research it again! :)

Fat:

--- Quote from: unknownservant on February 07, 2015, 11:22:33 pm ---This thought just came to my mind this morning, although it probably can't be true:

What if all those scholars and preachers out there don't teach the Truth because no one would get it anyway, except GOD'S Elect? And what if all those people that don't See Truth are meant to follow a rapture doctrine and that the rapture doctrine came about because in the last age at least one third were deceived by satan? And what if that same third has to be exposed to a deception again? And knowing that at the Fifth Trump that the Seal Of GOD (which is the TRUTH) would be put into GOD'S Elect anyway makes it so that teaching TRUTH is not a factor!

Especially if those that aren't GOD's Elect are blinded anyway!

But then again, maybe that can't be true because maybe everyone has to have a chance to have access to the TRUTH even if they don't See it!

What do you think?

And another reason that it is not likely true is that Judgment starts at the PulPit!

And this just came to me: (this morning, that is)

GOD hardens whom HE Will.
Some vessels are made for honor and some are made for dishonor.
Can the pot say to the POTTER, why have YOU made me thus?
And since GOD is completely 100 percent fair, I think that it all comes down to the kind of person that you are (or we are).
Which is why GOD hated Esau and loved Jacob before they were born.
So, Esau must have been a very bad character in the last age!

So, whatever we are, whatever we have in this age, whether we see or whether we don't see, the hand that we are dealt here was determined by what kind of person we were in the last age and what we did there. This age may be a chance to straighten that out. But it may be harder for some than for others because we always get what we deserve.

Rom 9:9  For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.
Rom 9:10  And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
Rom 9:11  (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
Rom 9:12  It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
Rom 9:13  As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Rom 9:14  What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Rom 9:15  For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Rom 9:16  So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
Rom 9:17  For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
Rom 9:19  Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Rom 9:20  Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21  Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22  What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23  And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
Rom 9:24  Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

In verse 14, it asks the question, is GOD unrighteous or unfair? GOD forbid, No way!
In verses 15 through 21, GOD says HE decides (basically it is none of our business)!
Now notice verse 22. It says that GOD was angry (wrath), but endured with patience those that were bad.
So, in verse 22 GOD tells us why we are what we are. HE says HE was willing to destroy, but endured with much patience (that means over time, 'endured' and 'much patience'), the vessels (not necessarily clay vessels this time) fit to be destroyed. So, these vessels (like Esau before he was born) were fit to be destroyed but GOD waited and put up with what they were doing, over a period of time.
Where GOD speaks of clay, it is representative of bodies made of earth, or flesh. So having hated Esau before he was born and loving Jacob before he was born (before they were clay), it indicates that we are what we are in this flesh life because of how we were in the age that was. Does anyone know where Jacob's offspring is today or where Esau's offspring is located? If you did, you would see that Jacob is still loved and Esau is still hated and that by their actions you may see why. I would elaborate, but I'm afraid you would make me chase my notes or have to research it again! :)

--- End quote ---

Let me understand this, you believe that you are God's elect because of something you did in the previous age.
In other words you believe that you earned being chosen?

biblebuf:

--- Quote from: Fat on February 08, 2015, 09:38:10 am ---Let me understand this, you believe that you are God's elect because of something you did in the previous age.
In other words you believe that you earned being chosen?

--- End quote ---

Reincarnation. 🐂

Hal:
I agree with phat, unknownservants interpatation is about works to earn being the Elect. This is not biblical !

For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. For what does the Scripture say? "A BRAHAM BELIEVED G OD, AND IT WAS CREDITED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS." Now to the one who works, his wage is not credited as a favor, but as what is due. But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness, just as David also speaks of the blessing on the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works: (Romans‬ 4‬:2-6‬ NASB)

Fat:
What is being preach to you here is a false interpretation of the Scriptures. We can all agree that before our existence God knew us, because God knows all past, Present, And future.

The poster is basing this belief of his, that he is an angel who was once in heaven with God, by the Scriptures is posted here in Romans 9:11.

So we agree that God knew us before our existence here on earth, but can you show us the Scriptures that Tell us that we knew god?

No we can not show this.

Of course the other problem is, if this age is a chance for you to workout your mistakes of the last age then why did you enter this age as the elect?

Fat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version