Author Topic: Suffer for doing what is right.  (Read 1062 times)

biblebuf

Suffer for doing what is right.
« on: March 08, 2015, 02:58:58 pm »
Suffer for doing what is right.

Now I want you to know, brethren, that my circumstances have turned out for the greater progress of the gospel. ( Phil 1:12 ) I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people Who have set themselves against me round about. (Psalms 3:6) Many are my persecutors and my adversaries, Yet I do not turn aside from Your testimonies. …. Princes persecute me without cause, But my heart stands in awe of Your words. (Psalms 119:157, 161) We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing;  persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; (2 Corinthians 4:8, 9) In no way alarmed by your opponents--which is a sign of destruction for them, but of salvation for you, and that too, from God.  (Philippians 1: 28) For which I suffer hardship even to imprisonment as a criminal; but the word of God is not imprisoned. For this reason I endure all things for the sake of those who are chosen, so that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus and with it eternal glory. (2 Timothy 2:9, 10) At my first defense no one supported me, but all deserted me; may it not be counted against them. But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that through me the proclamation might be fully accomplished, and that all the Gentiles might hear; and I was rescued out of the lion's mouth. (2 Timothy 4:16-17) But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed. AND DO NOT FEAR THEIR INTIMIDATION, AND DO NOT BE TROUBLED, but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence; and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ will be put to shame.  For it is better, if God should will it so, that you suffer for doing what is right rather than for doing what is wrong. (1 Peter 3:14 -17) Therefore, those also who suffer according to the will of God shall entrust their souls to a faithful Creator in doing what is right.  (1 Peter 4:19) But Saul began ravaging the church, entering house after house, and dragging off men and women, he would put them in prison. Therefore, those who had been scattered went about preaching the word. (Act 8:3, 4) So then those who were scattered because of the persecution that occurred in connection with Stephen made their way to Phoenicia and Cyprus and Antioch, speaking the word to no one except to Jews alone. But there were some of them, men of Cyprus and Cyrene, who came to Antioch and began speaking to the Greeks also, preaching the Lord Jesus. And the hand of the Lord was with them, and a large number who believed turned to the Lord. (Act 11:19-21)

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 03:01:03 pm by biblebuf »

clark thompson

Re: Suffer for doing what is right.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 03:00:12 pm »
Doing what is right is often not easy because of the suffering but also because our flesh does not want to submit to the Lord.