Author Topic: ONE IMPORTANT DOUBT  (Read 3099 times)

rg28982

ONE IMPORTANT DOUBT
« on: March 15, 2015, 04:52:28 am »
1. Suppose a person wake up in the morning and do thanks and prayed to GOD. then he go to his parents room. There also he touch his parents feet and thanks them and take blessing. Is it right or wrong according to bible that he touch his parents feet and ask blessing ??

2. Now that continue for 25 years. after that person's dad dies. now the person is getting married, so as soon as he married, he thanks god and prayed. then he go to his mom. There he touch his mother feet and thanks them and take blessing. then he went to his dad picture there also he thanks dad and ask blessing. (i) Is it right or wrong according to bible that he touch his mom feet and take blessing?? (ii) Is it right or wrong according to bible that he went to dad picture and take blessing ??

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR REPLY.

Fat

Re: ONE IMPORTANT DOUBT
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 10:02:53 am »
1. Suppose a person wake up in the morning and do thanks and prayed to GOD. then he go to his parents room. There also he touch his parents feet and thanks them and take blessing. Is it right or wrong according to bible that he touch his parents feet and ask blessing ??

2. Now that continue for 25 years. after that person's dad dies. now the person is getting married, so as soon as he married, he thanks god and prayed. then he go to his mom. There he touch his mother feet and thanks them and take blessing. then he went to his dad picture there also he thanks dad and ask blessing. (i) Is it right or wrong according to bible that he touch his mom feet and take blessing?? (ii) Is it right or wrong according to bible that he went to dad picture and take blessing ??

Hello rg

Let me take a stab at this and see if I can help.

Tradition of parents passing on blessings to their children is by the laying on of hands.
All spiritual blessings that a parent gives are coming from God not the parents, they are just passed on to the child through prayer from the parent to God, asking for the child to be bless by God.

It is right for the child to ask for blessings from their parents, it is usually in the form a request for prayer but can a weekly ceremonial occurrence, done in many families.

There is nothing in a picture but your memories.
It is wrong to pray to the dead, it is sorcery. Praying to a picture is idolatry.

Remember all spiritual blessings can only come from God, your parents can (and should) pray that you receive those blessings.

On that day Jacob blessed them, he said, "In time to come, Israel (the Jewish people) will use you as a blessing. They will say, 'May God make you like Ephraim and Menashe'." (Genesis 48:20)

Hope this helps.

Hal

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 12:54:06 pm »
Quote from: A typical blessing
Father, I receive, welcome and acknowledge each
of my children as a delightful blessing from You.
I speak your blessings upon them and over them.

Children, I bless you in the name of Jesus,
proclaiming the blessings of God, my
Redeemer, upon you. May He give you wisdom,
a reverential fear of God, and a heart of love.

rg28982

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 10:15:08 pm »
I know idol worship is wrong. I read ten commandments. But when i see the context i do understand following way.

GOD told not to do idol worship because GOD was knowing that people will understand idol as GOD. So they will go far from real GOD. That's why GOD told not to do idol worship. So i have following thoughts.

(i) If you go to your dad picture as a respect and love for dad then GOD will not be angry. Its a child love and respect for his father. That doesn't mean he is going to against GOD. Firstly he is praying to GOD only and asking blessing as always. If you say dead can not give blessing and all.. That seems ok.. But still weather he will get or not that is not the point. Point is it can not be wrong, I means GOD can not be angry if you have love and respect for your passed away father.

Fat

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 11:23:44 pm »
I know idol worship is wrong. I read ten commandments. But when i see the context i do understand following way.

GOD told not to do idol worship because GOD was knowing that people will understand idol as GOD. So they will go far from real GOD. That's why GOD told not to do idol worship. So i have following thoughts.

(i) If you go to your dad picture as a respect and love for dad then GOD will not be angry. Its a child love and respect for his father. That doesn't mean he is going to against GOD. Firstly he is praying to GOD only and asking blessing as always. If you say dead can not give blessing and all.. That seems ok.. But still weather he will get or not that is not the point. Point is it can not be wrong, I means GOD can not be angry if you have love and respect for your passed away father.

You asked, is it wrong according to the Bible.

1 Timothy 2:5 NAS
For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

The picture can not hear you and your departed father can not hear you.
Do you love your father more than you love Jesus?

rg28982

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 11:53:35 pm »
Hi fat,

He knows there is one GOD and he always thanks and pray to GOD. Now is it right or wrong?

Fat

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 12:40:11 am »
Hi fat,

He knows there is one GOD and he always thanks and pray to GOD. Now is it right or wrong?

Hello rg

Quote from: You said

It is wrong to pray to a dead person, and that includes Mary or any Catholic saint.

You said he thanks his dad, "then he went to his dad picture there also he thanks dad and ask blessing."

To talk to the dead is sorcery, witchcraft.
Christ died so he could be the mediator for you, if your father could do that then there would be no reason for Christ to have been crucified.

Matthew 10:37
"He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

rg28982

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 12:48:23 am »
He Love GOD at a first place. But he loves his parents as well. That's why he always prayed to GOD first then he will go to their parents.

Bob

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 12:55:49 am »
He Love GOD at a first place. But he loves his parents as well. That's why he always prayed to GOD first then he will go to their parents.

Hi rg28982

You have asked this question on a number of forums and have been given the same answer, that you do not pray to the dead. You don't want to accept that answer from anyone.

Study John 14:6

rg28982

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 01:04:55 am »
Nothing like that.. I do understand that it is kind of idol worship. If i do thought that way then one more question come to my mind.

Its about what internally (from Heart) what you thought. Is it Correct??

rg28982

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 04:48:23 am »
But in ten Commandments there is not mentioned that don't ask or thanks dead man.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

12 ¶Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

13 Thou shalt not kill.

14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

15 Thou shalt not steal.

16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.

Fat

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 08:05:32 am »
But in ten Commandments there is not mentioned that don't ask or thanks dead man.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

12 ¶Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

13 Thou shalt not kill.

14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

15 Thou shalt not steal.

16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.

Good morning rg.
Prayer is worship. Prayers are given to gods. How many gods do you have?

Bob

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 08:38:37 am »
Nothing like that.. I do understand that it is kind of idol worship. If i do thought that way then one more question come to my mind.

Its about what internally (from Heart) what you thought. Is it Correct??
You are attempting to bring two religions into one. Paul writes to the Jews, who were trying to do the same thing, in his letter to the Galatians. Let go of your old ways.

rg28982

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 07:42:47 am »
Hi Fat,

I feel there is only one GOD for all. GOD is not related to individual. That's what i feel.

rg28982

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 07:48:29 am »
Hi Bob,

I don't have any intention to bring two religion in one. As i feel whatever religion you are in. GOD will be one always. Nobody can say that Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Buddha etc  having different GOD. They all have only and only ONE GOD.

THE GOD WHICH IS ABOVE ALL. THE SUPREME POWER. 

I just trying to understand the context. As i have my own knowledge so i have given my comments as well. So the point here is we should think both way and understand what GOD actually want to convey us.