Author Topic: Luke 3:21-22  (Read 892 times)

clark thompson

Luke 3:21-22
« on: March 20, 2015, 05:51:07 pm »
Luke 3:21-22 King James Version (KJV)
21 Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,
22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Luke 3:21-22
ACV 21 Now it came to pass, during the immersion of all the people, Jesus also having been immersed and praying, for the heaven to be opened, 22 and the Holy Spirit to descend in a bodily form as a dove upon him, and a voice to occur out of heaven, saying, Thou are my beloved Son. In thee I am well pleased.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

21 This is looking back this was done before the verses that come before it because Jesus was not baptized by John while he was in prison or dead. The heavens opening refers to God seeing it and speaking it is reference to God.

22 A dove would become a symbol for the Holy Spirit. The voice represents God just as the dove does and Jesus does. Jesus was the Son of the Father but they are both One God. Jesus as the Son was to fulfill scripture which made the Son a delight to the Father. When we live according to scripture we delight the Lord.

JB Horn

Re: Luke 3:21-22
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 09:05:33 am »
The scriptures tell us that we beleavers  are all sons of God, may He say that in us He is well Pleased.

Fat

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 09:52:01 am »
This was fulfillment of prophecy :

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. (Isaiah‬ 42‬:1-2‬ KJV)

Hal

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 11:27:50 am »
This was fulfillment of prophecy :

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. (Isaiah‬ 42‬:1-2‬ KJV)

I like the NSA😎

"Behold, My Servant, whom I uphold; My chosen one in whom My soul delights. I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice to the nations. (Isaiah‬ 42‬:1‬ NASB)