Author Topic: Dishonest gain  (Read 725 times)

biblebuf

Dishonest gain
« on: March 27, 2015, 12:06:31 am »
 Dishonest gain

"In you they have taken bribes to shed blood; you have taken interest and profits, and you have injured your neighbors for gain by oppression, and you have forgotten Me," declares the Lord GOD.  "Behold, then, I smite My hand at your dishonest gain which you have acquired and at the bloodshed which is among you. (Eze 22:12-13)

Hear this, you who trample the needy, to do away with the humble of the land,  saying, "When will the new moon be over, So that we may sell grain, And the sabbath, that we may open the wheat market, To make the bushel smaller and the shekel bigger, And to cheat with dishonest scales,  So as to buy the helpless for money And the needy for a pair of sandals, And that we may sell the refuse of the wheat?" (Amos 8:4-6)

Behold, the pay of the laborers who mowed your fields, and which has been withheld by you, cries out against you; and the outcry of those who did the harvesting has reached the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth. (Jam 5:4)

"Can I justify wicked scales And a bag of deceptive weights? (Mic 6:11)

'You shall not steal, nor deal falsely, nor lie to one another.  'You shall do no wrong in judgment, in measurement of weight, or capacity.  'You shall have just balances, just weights, a just ephah, and a just hin; I am the LORD your God, who brought you out from the land of Egypt. (Lev 19:11,35,36)

and that no man transgress and defraud his brother in the matter because the Lord is the avenger in all these things, just as we also told you before and solemnly warned you. For God has not called us for the purpose of impurity, but in sanctification. (1 Thess 4:6-7)

He does not put out his money at interest, Nor does he take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken. (Psa 15:5)

"You shall not have in your bag differing weights, a large and a small. "You shall not have in your house differing measures, a large and a small. "You shall have a full and just weight; you shall have a full and just measure, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the LORD your God gives you. "For everyone who does these things, everyone who acts unjustly is an abomination to the LORD your God.(Deut 25:13-16)

A false balance is an abomination to the LORD, But a just weight is His delight. (Prov 11:1)

Differing weights and differing measures, Both of them are abominable to the LORD. (Prov 20:10)

A merchant, in whose hands are false balances, He loves to oppress. (Hos 12:7)

Lying lips are an abomination to the LORD, But those who deal faithfully are His delight. (Pro 12:22)

He who increases his wealth by interest and usury Gathers it for him who is gracious to the poor. (Pro 28:8)

Therefore because you impose heavy rent on the poor And exact a tribute of grain from them, Though you have built houses of well-hewn stone, Yet you will not live in them; You have planted pleasant vineyards, yet you will not drink their wine. For I know your transgressions are many and your sins are great, You who distress the righteous and accept bribes And turn aside the poor in the gate. ( Amos 5:11-12 )

Then they came to Jerusalem. And He entered the temple and began to drive out those who were buying and selling in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who were selling doves; and He would not permit anyone to carry merchandise through the temple. And He began to teach and say to them, "Is it not written, 'MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER FOR ALL THE NATIONS '? But you have made it a ROBBERS' DEN." (Mar 11:15-17)

Fat

Re: Dishonest gain
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 10:08:33 am »
In business there are many times that you can legally take advantage of a person or a company. What we are being taught by the Scriptures is to be fair and not use that advantage if it is a product of  deceit.

Hal

Re: Dishonest gain
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 09:03:23 am »
This is true not only in Business but in our personal lives also.  Taking advantage of somebody even when it doesn't involve a monetary issue, is never the way a Christian should act.