Author Topic: Luke 4:18-19  (Read 1074 times)

clark thompson

Luke 4:18-19
« on: May 25, 2015, 11:34:45 am »
Luke 4:18-19 King James Version (KJV)
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Luke 4:18-19
ACV 18 The Spirit of Lord is upon me, because he anointed me to preach good-news to the poor. He has sent me to heal the broken hearted, to proclaim deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to sent forth in deliv 19 to proclaim the acceptable year of Lord.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

18 As Christians we should have the Spirit guiding us thru our lives in the will of the Lord. We as Christians are anointed by the blood of Christ and then we receive the Spirit. We as Christians are to share God’s word the good news, Jesus started this, and we are to keep doing this. Jesus came for everyone but often time’s good news is received by those who need to hear good news, those that do not have everything going their own way.  Jesus gave a simple statement of why He came; our statement of why we are is to follow the will of the Lord, which the Spirit will show us in our lives.

19  Jesus would kick off the Faith and His followers we would spread and keep it going by His will and power.

macuser

Re: Luke 4:18-19
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 03:38:54 pm »
Quoted from Isaiah.

Quote from: Is 61:1, 2
The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,  to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn,

Christ was declaring the prophecy fulfilled.

Hal

Re: Luke 4:18-19
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 11:57:20 am »
 We have been freed from the  restrictions of our salvation put on us by the law.
Christ has brought us freedom from our own  depravity.