Bible Talk > Eschatology

One week as 7 years????

(1/4) > >>

Proa42:
So, how do we know from scripture (not popular commentary), the 70 weeks of Daniel is interpreted correctly to be 70 periods of 7 years?

Remember - no "commentary" reference allowed.

Oh yeah - "It just is" is not a valid answer either. :)

biblebuf:

--- Quote from: Proa42 on January 16, 2012, 04:55:43 pm ---So, how do we know from scripture (not popular commentary), the 70 weeks of Daniel is interpreted correctly to be 70 periods of 7 years?

Remember - no "commentary" reference allowed.

Oh yeah - "It just is" is not a valid answer either. :)

--- End quote ---

We know from Scripture because Christ accepted it as fact. But the big clue is we have the hind sight to see when the Messiah will be cut off and we see it was 483 years. 483 divided by 7 = 69.

Proa42:
So, where might I find that in scripture - you know, part about "Christ accepted it"?

I guarantee you, there is a very clear teaching regarding this and it is within the word.

Study to show your self approved a workman who needs not be ashamed.

biblebuf:

--- Quote from: Proa42 on January 17, 2012, 03:37:00 pm ---So, where might I find that in scripture - you know, part about "Christ accepted it"?

I guarantee you, there is a very clear teaching regarding this and it is within the word.

Study to show your self approved a workman who needs not be ashamed.

--- End quote ---

OH GEE PROA42 I was sure that Christ told us that He was the Messiah.   John 4:25-26, Matthew 16:16-18

And again when was He cut off (how many years?)

Your trouble my friend is you only see what you want to see in the Scriptures. If the conclusion is not come to by the way it has been chosen by you it cannot be correct in your mind.

And my mom use to call me stubborn.

Proa42:
Too bad you don't want to apply yourself. This is not about whether Jesus is The Christ.

It's about knowing the Word.

Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version