Author Topic: Be not ignorant of Satan’s schemes, WE’RE AT WAR  (Read 1604 times)

biblebuf

Be not ignorant of Satan’s schemes, WE’RE AT WAR
« on: August 23, 2015, 05:18:26 pm »
Be not ignorant of Satan’s  schemes, WE’RE AT  WAR

Genesis 3: 15  And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel."

Revelation 12: 17  So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.     

2 Corinthians 2: 11  so that no advantage would be taken of us by Satan, for we are not ignorant of his schemes.

Ephesians 6: 12  For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

2 Corinthians 10: 3 - 5  For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh,  for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses.  We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,       

Colossians 2: 15 - 16  When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him.  Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day--

1 Peter 2:  11 Beloved, I urge you as aliens and strangers to abstain from fleshly lusts which wage war against the soul.

Hebrews 2: 14 - 15 Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,   and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives.

Romans 7: 23  but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members.

1 Corinthians 15: 50   Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

1 Peter 3: 21 - 22  Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you--not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience--through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,   who is at the right hand of God, having gone into heaven, after angels and authorities and powers had been subjected to Him.

1 Timothy 1: 18  This command I entrust to you, Timothy, my son, in accordance with the prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you fight the good fight,

1 Peter 5: 8 - 10   Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.  But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world.  After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.     

Galatians 5: 17   For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please.

1 John 5: 4 - 5  For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith.  Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

NAS

Fat

Re: Be not ignorant of Satan’s schemes, WE’RE AT WAR
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 11:37:57 pm »
Even with so many warnings man still falls for his schemes. The only defense is to stay grounded in the Scriptures.

macuser

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 05:42:41 pm »
1 John 5: 4 - 5  For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith.  Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

Enough said, think of Christ when you make your dictions in life.

Hal

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 09:45:53 am »
Satan is the master of the art of lying. He can convince you that doing his bidding is what God wants. Read Romans one about how man will call good bad and bad good.

biblebuf

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 09:50:06 am »
Satan is the master of the art of lying. He can convince you that doing his bidding is what God wants. Read Romans one about how man will call good bad and bad good.

“For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.”
Romans‬ 1:25‬ NASB‬‬

Notice that this verse was being referenced to the past, but also a warning for the future. Romans 1 is upon us.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 10:03:44 am by biblebuf »