Author Topic: Names, appellations, and titles of Jesus:  (Read 988 times)

Fat

Names, appellations, and titles of Jesus:
« on: December 26, 2015, 07:03:41 pm »
Names, appellations, and titles of Jesus:

Adam
1 Cor 15:45 
So also it is written, "The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL." The
last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

Advocate
1 John 2:1
 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin.
 And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;

Almighty, Alpha and Omega
Rev 1:8
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

Amen
Rev 3:14
"To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God, says this: 

Angel
Gen 48:16
The angel who has redeemed me from all evil, Bless the lads; And may my name live on in them, And the names of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; And may they grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth."

Angel of His Presence
Isa 63:9
In all their affliction He was afflicted, And the angel of His presence saved them; In His love and in His mercy He redeemed them, And He lifted them and carried them all the days of old.

Anointed
Psa 2:2
The kings of the earth take their stand And the rulers take counsel together Against the LORD and against His Anointed, saying, 

Apostle, High Priest
Heb 3:1
Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of a heavenly calling, consider Jesus, the Apostle and High Priest of our confession;   

Arm of the Lord
Isa 51:8-10
"For the moth will eat them like a garment, And the grub will eat them like wool. But My righteousness will be forever, And My salvation to all generations." Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the LORD; Awake as in the days of old, the generations of long ago. Was it not You who cut Rahab in pieces, Who pierced the dragon?
Was it not You who dried up the sea, The waters of the great deep; Who made the depths of the sea a pathway For the redeemed to cross over?

Author and Finisher of Our Faith
Heb 12:2
fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 

Beginning and End of the Creation of God
Rev 3:14 ; Rev 22:13
 "To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God, says this:   "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

Beloved
Eph 1:6
to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.

Bishop
1 Pet 2:25
For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Blessed and Only Potentate (Sovereign)
1 Tim 6:15
which He will bring about at the proper time--He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 

Branch
Jer 23:5 ; Zech 3:8
"Behold, the days are coming," declares the LORD, "When I will raise up for David a righteous Branch; And He will reign as king and act wisely And do justice and righteousness in the land.
'Now listen, Joshua the high priest, you and your friends who are sitting in front of you--indeed they are men who are a symbol, for behold, I am going to bring in My servant the Branch.

Bread of Life
John 6:48
"I am the bread of life.

Bridegroom
Matt 9:15
And Jesus said to them, "The attendants of the bridegroom cannot mourn as long as the bridegroom is with them, can they? But the days will come when the bridegroom is taken away from them, and then they will fast.

Bright and Morning Star
Rev 22:16
 "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."   

Brightness of the Father’s Glory
Heb 1:3
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; 

Captain of the Lord’s Host
Josh 5:14
He said, "No; rather I indeed come now as captain of the host of the LORD." And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and bowed down, and said to him, "What has my lord to say to his servant?"

Captain of Salvation
Heb 2:10
For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.   

Carpenter
Mark 6:3
 "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James and Joses and Judas and Simon? Are not His sisters here with us?" And they took offense at Him.   

Carpenter’s Son
Matt 13:55
"Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?

Chief Shepherd
1 Pet 5:4
And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory.     

Chief Cornerstone
1 Pet 2:6
Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

Chiefest Among Ten Thousand
Song 5:10
My beloved is white and ruddy, the chiefest among ten thousand.   

Child, Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace
Isa 9:6
For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

Chosen of God
1 Pet 2:4
To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

Christ
Matt 1:16 ; Luke 9:20 ; Matt 16:20 ; Mark 14:61
And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.   

Christ, a King
Luke 23:2
 And they began to accuse Him, saying, "We found this man misleading our nation and forbidding to pay taxes to Caesar, and saying that He Himself is Christ, a King."

Christ Jesus
Acts 19:4 ; Rom 3:24 ; Rom 8:1 ; 1 Cor 1:2 ; 1 Cor 1:30 ; Heb 3:1 ; 1 Pet 5:10 ; 1 Pet 5:14
Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Christ Jesus Our Lord
1 Tim 1:12 ; Rom 8:39
nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Christ of God
Luke 9:20
And He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" And Peter answered and said, "The Christ of God."

Christ, the chosen of God
Luke 23:35
And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God. 

Christ, the Lord
Luke 2:11
 for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

Christ, the Power of God, wisdom of God
1 Cor 1:24
 but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

Christ, the Son of God
Acts 9:20
And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.   

Christ, Son of the Blessed
Mark 14:61
But He kept silent and did not answer. Again the high priest was questioning Him, and saying to Him, "Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?"

Commander
Isa 55:4
"Behold, I have made him a witness to the peoples, A leader and commander for the peoples.

Consolation of Israel
Luke 2:25
And there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon; and this man was righteous and devout, looking for the consolation of Israel; and the Holy Spirit was upon him.

Cornerstone
Eph 2:20
having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,

Covenant of the People
Isa 42:6
I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

David
Jer 30:9
'But they shall serve the LORD their God and David their king, whom I will raise up for them.

Daysman (umpire)
Job 9:33
Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both.

Dayspring
Luke 1:78
Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,

Day Star
2 Pet 1:19
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Deliverer
Rom 11:26
and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written, "THE DELIVERER WILL COME FROM ZION, HE WILL REMOVE UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB."

Desire of All Nations
Hag 2:7
And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts.   

Door
John 10:7
So Jesus said to them again, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.

Elect
Isa 42:1
Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. 

Emmanuel
Isa 7:14
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Ensign
Isa 11:10
 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Eternal life
1 John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God is come, and has given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Faithful and True
Rev 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he does judge and make war.   

Faithful Witness
Rev 1:5
And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. To him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Finisher of Faith
Heb 12:2
And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. To him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

First and Last
Rev 1:17 ; Rev 2:8 ; Rev 22:13
And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand on me, saying to me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

First Begotten
Heb 1:6
And again, when he brings in the first-begotten into the world, he said, And let all the angels of God worship him.

First Begotten of the Dead

Firstborn
Psa 89:27
Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.

Foundation
Isa 28:16 
Therefore thus said the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believes shall not make haste.   

Fountain
Zech 13:1
In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

Forerunner
Heb 6:20
Where the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Friend of Sinners
Matt 11:19
The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a drunkard, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

Gift of God
John 4:10
Jesus answered and said to her, If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that said to you, Give me to drink; you would have asked of him, and he would have given you living water. 

Glory of Israel
Luke 2:32
A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of your people Israel.

God
John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

God Blessed Forever
Rom 9:5
Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

God Manifest in the Flesh
1 Tim 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached to the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 

God of Israel, the Savior
Isa 45:15
Truly you are a God that hide yourself, O God of Israel, the Savior.   

God of the Whole Earth
Isa 54:5
For your Maker is your husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and your Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

God our Savior
1 Tim 2:3
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; 

God’s Dear Son
Col 1:13
Who has delivered us from the power of darkness, and has translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

God With Us
Matt 1:23
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Good Master
Matt 19:16
And, behold, one came and said to him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

Governor
Matt 2:6
And you Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, are not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of you shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel. 

Great Shepherd of the Sheep
Heb 13:20
Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Head of the Church
Eph 5:23
For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the savior of the body.

Fat

Re: Names, appellations, and titles of Jesus:(CONT)
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 07:05:02 pm »
(CONT)
Heir of all Things
Heb 1:2
Has in these last days spoken to us by his Son, whom he has appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

High Priest
Heb 4:14
Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

Head of Every Man
1 Cor 11:3
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Head of the Church
Col 1:18
And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Head of the Corner
Matt 21:42
 Jesus said to them, Did you never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord' doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes? 

Holy Child Jesus
Acts 4:30
By stretching forth your hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of your holy child Jesus.

Holy One
Psa 16:10 ; Acts 3:14
But you denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted to you; 

Holy One of God
Mark 1:24
 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with you, you Jesus of Nazareth? are you come to destroy us? I know you who you are, the Holy One of God. 

Holy One of Israel
Isa 41:14 ; Isa 54:5
Fear not, you worm Jacob, and you men of Israel; I will help you, said the LORD, and your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.
For your Maker is your husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and your Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Holy Thing
Luke 1:35
And the angel answered and said to her, The Holy Ghost shall come on you, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow you: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of you shall be called the Son of God.           

Hope (Our)
1 Tim 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Savior, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;

Horn of Salvation
Luke 1:69
And has raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; 

I Am
John 8:58
Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am. 

Image of God
Heb 1:3
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Israel
Isa 49:3
And said to me, You are my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified. 

Jehovah’s Fellow
Zech 13:7
Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

Jesus
Matt 1:21
And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Jesus Christ
Matt 1:1 ; John 1:17 ; John 17:3 ; Acts 2:38 ; Acts 4:10 ; Acts 9:34 ; Acts 10:36 ; Acts 16:18 ; Rom 1:1 ; Rom 1:3 ; Rom 1:6 ; Rom 2:16 ; Rom 5:15 ; Rom 5:17 ; Rom 6:3 ; 1 Cor 1:1 ; 1 Cor 1:4 ; 1 Cor 2:2 ; 2 Cor 1:19 ; 2 Cor 4:6 ; 2 Cor 13:5 ; Gal 2:16 ; Phil 1:8 ; Phil 2:11 ; 1 Tim 1:15 ; Heb 13:8 ; 1 John 1:7 ; 1 John 2:1
 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

Jesus Christ Our Lord
Rom 1:3 ; Rom 6:11 ; Rom 6:23 ; 1 Cor 1:9 ; 1 Cor 7:25
 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Jesus Christ Our Savior
Tit 3:6
Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

Jesus of Nazareth
Mark 1:24 ; Luke 24:19
And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:

Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews
John 19:19
And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.

Jesus, the King of the Jews
Matt 27:37
And set up over his head his accusation written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS.

Jesus, the Son of God
Heb 4:14
Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

Jesus, the Son of Joseph
John 6:42
And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?

Judge
Acts 10:42
And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

Just Man
Matt 27:19
When he was set down on the judgment seat, his wife sent unto him, saying, Have thou nothing to do with that just man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him.

Just One
Acts 3:14 ; Acts 7:52 ; Acts 22:14
Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

Just Person
Matt 27:24
When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.

King
Matt 21:5
Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.

King of Israel
John 1:49
Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

King of the Jews
Matt 2:2
Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

King of Saints
Rev 15:3
And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

King of Kings
1 Tim 6:15 ; Rev 17:14
These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

King of Glory
Psa 24:7-10
Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.

King of Zion
Matt 21:5
Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.

King over All The Earth
Zech 14:9
And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Lamb
Rev 5:6 ; Rev 5:8 ; Rev 6:16 ; Rev 7:9-10 ; Rev 7:17 ; Rev 12:11 ; Rev 13:8 ; Rev 13:11 ; Rev 14:1 ; Rev 14:4 ; Rev 15:3 ; Rev 17:14 ; Rev 19:7 ; Rev 19:9 ; Rev 21:9 ; Rev 21:14 ; Rev 21:22-23 ; Rev 21:27
And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Lamb of God
John 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Lawgiver
Isa 33:22
For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.

Leader
Isa 55:4
Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.

Life
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Light
John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Light, Everlasting
Isa 60:20
Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.

Light to the Gentiles
Isa 42:6
I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Light, True
John 1:9
 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Living Bread
John 6:51
I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Living Stone
1 Pet 2:4
To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

Lion of the Tribe of Judah
Rev 5:5
And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Lord
Rom 1:3
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Lord of Lords
Rev 17:14 ; Rev 19:16
These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Lord of All
Acts 10:36
The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

Lord our Righteousness
Jer 23:6
In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Lord God Almighty
Rev 15:3
And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

Lord from Heaven
1 Cor 15:47
The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ
2 Pet 1:11 ; 2 Pet 3:18
For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Lord Christ
Col 3:24
 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

Lord Jesus
Acts 7:59 ; Col 3:17 ; 1 Thess 4:12
And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Lord Jesus Christ
Acts 11:17 ; Acts 16:31 ; Acts 20:21 ; Rom 5:1 ; Rom 5:11 ; Rom 13:14
Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

Lord Jesus Christ, Our Savior
Tit 1:4
To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Lord of Glory
Jam 2:1
My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.

Lord of Hosts
Isa 44:6
Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Lord, Mighty in Battle
Psa 24:8
Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.

Lord of the Dead and Living
Rom 14:9
For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

Lord of the Sabbath
Mark 2:28
Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Lord Over All
Rom 10:12
  For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Lord’s Christ
Luke 2:26
And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord’s Christ.

Lord Strong and Mighty
Psa 24:8
Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.

Lord, The, Our Righteousness
Jer 23:6
In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Lord, Your Holy One
Isa 43:15
I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.

Lord, Your Redeemer
Isa 43:14
Thus saith the LORD, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; For your sake I have sent to Babylon, and have brought down all their nobles, and the Chaldeans, whose cry is in the ships.

Man Christ Jesus
1 Tim 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Man of Sorrows
Isa 53:3
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Master
Matt 23:8
But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

Mediator
1 Tim 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Messenger of the Covenant
Mal 3:1
Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

Messiah
John 1:41
He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messiah, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.

Messiah the Prince
Dan 9:25
Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

Mighty God
Isa 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Fat

Re: Names, appellations, and titles of Jesus:(CONT2)
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 07:05:44 pm »
(CONT2)
Mighty one of Israel
Isa 30:29
Ye shall have a song, as in the night when a holy solemnity is kept; and gladness of heart, as when one goeth with a pipe to come into the mountain of the LORD, to the mighty One of Israel.

Mighty one of Jacob
Isa 49:26
And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

Mighty to Save
Isa 63:1
Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save.

Minister of the Sanctuary
Heb 8:2
A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

Morning Star
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Most Holy
Dan 9:24
Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Most Mighty
Psa 45:3
Gird thy sword upon thy thigh, O most mighty, with thy glory and thy majesty.

Nazarene
Matt 2:23
And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

Offspring of David
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Only Begotten of the Father
John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Only Begotten Son
John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Only Wise God, Our Savior
Jude 1:25
 to the only wise God, our Savior, be glory and majesty and might and authority, even now and forever. Amen.

Passover
1 Cor 5:7
 Therefore purge out the old leaven so that you may be a new lump, as you are unleavened. For also Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us.

Plant of Renown
Ezek 34:29
And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.

Potentate
1 Tim 6:15
Which in his times he shall show, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

Power of God
But to them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Physician
Matt 9:12
 But when Jesus heard that, he said to them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.     

Precious Cornerstone
Therefore thus said the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believes shall not make haste. 

Priest
Heb 7:17
For he testifies, You are a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.   

Prince
Acts 5:31
Him has God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Savior, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.   

Prince of Life
Acts 3:15
And killed the Prince of life, whom God has raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

Prince of the Kings of the Earth

Prophet
Deut 18:15 ; Deut 18:18 ; Matt 21:11 ; Luke 24:19
 And he said to them, What things? And they said to him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:   

Propitiation
1 John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our' only, but also for the sins of the whole world. 

Rabbi
John 1:49
 Nathanael answered and said to him, Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the King of Israel.   

Rabboni
John 20:16
Jesus said to her, Mary. She turned herself, and said to him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.   

Ransom
1 Tim 2:6
Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Redeemer
Isa 59:20
And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and to them that turn from transgression in Jacob, said the LORD.     

Resurrection and Life
John 11:25
Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:   

Redemption
1 Cor 1:30
But of him are you in Christ Jesus, who of God is made to us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:   

Righteous Branch
Jer 23:5
Behold, the days come, said the LORD, that I will raise to David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

Righteous Judge
2 Tim 4:8
 From now on there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but to all them also that love his appearing.

Righteous Servant
Isa 53:11
 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Righteousness
1 Cor 1:30
 But of him are you in Christ Jesus, who of God is made to us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:   

Rock
1 Cor 10:4
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Rock of Offence
1 Pet 2:8
And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Root of David
Rev 5:5 ; Rev 22:16
 And one of the elders said to me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.     

Root of Jesse
Isa 11:10
 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Rose of Sharon
Song 2:1
I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.

Ruler in Israel
Mic 5:2
But you, Bethlehem Ephratah, though you be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of you shall he come forth to me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.     

Salvation
Luke 2:30
For my eyes have seen your salvation,

Sanctuary
Isa 8:14
And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offense to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

Savior
Luke 2:11 l2 Tim 1:10 ; Tit 2:13 ; 2 Pet 1:1
For to you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.  But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death, and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Savior of the Body
Eph 5:23
For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the savior of the body.

Savior of the World
1 John 4:14
 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.   

Sceptre
Num 24:17
I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not near: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Scepter shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.

Second Man
1 Cor 15:47
The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Seed of David
2 Tim 2:8
Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Seed of the Woman
Gen 3:15
And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; it shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.

Servant
Isa 42:1
Behold my servant, whom I uphold; my elect, in whom my soul delights; I have put my spirit on him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.     

Servant of Rulers
Isa 49:7
 Thus said the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despises, to him whom the nation abhors, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the LORD that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose you.   

Shepherd
Mark 14:27
And Jesus said to them, All you shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered. 

Shepherd and Bishop of Souls
1 Pet 2:25
For you were as sheep going astray; but are now returned to the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.   

Shepherd, Chief
1 Pet 5:4
And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, you shall receive a crown of glory that fades not away.

Shepherd, Good
John 10:11
 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd gives his life for the sheep. 

Shepherd, Great
Heb 13:20
Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Shepherd of Israel
Psa 80:1
Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, you that lead Joseph like a flock; you that dwell between the cherubim, shine forth.       

Shiloh
Gen 49:10
The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and to him shall the gathering of the people be.     

Son of the Father
2 John 1:3
Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

Son of the Highest
Luke 1:32
He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give to him the throne of his father David:     

Son of David
Matt 9:27
And when Jesus departed there, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, You son of David, have mercy on us.     

Star
Num 24:17
 I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not near: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Scepter shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.

Sun of Righteousness
Mal 4:2
But to you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and you shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

Surety
Heb 7:22
By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

Stone
Matt 21:42
  Jesus said to them, Did you never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord' doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes?   

Stone of Stumbling
1 Pet 2:8
And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Sure Foundation
Therefore thus said the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believes shall not make haste

Teacher
John 3:2
The same came to Jesus by night, and said to him, Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that you do, except God be with him. 

True God
1 John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God is come, and has given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. 

True Vine
John 15:1
 I am the true vine, and my Father is the farmer. 

Truth. the Way

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me. 

Unspeakable Gift
2 Cor 9:15
Thanks be to God for his unspeakable gift.

Very Christ
Acts 9:22
But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelled at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.

Vine
John 15:1
I am the true vine, and my Father is the farmer.     

Which Is, Which Was, Which Is To Come
Rev 1:4
John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be to you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;     

Wisdom
Prov 8:12
I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.

Wisdom of God
But to them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.     

Witness
Isa 55:4 ; Rev 1:5

Word
John 1:1
 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Word of God
Rev 19:13
 And he was clothed with a clothing dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Word of Life
1 John 1:1
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked on, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;