Author Topic: Bread that Nourishes (THE QUOTABLE SPURGEON)  (Read 565 times)

Hal

Bread that Nourishes (THE QUOTABLE SPURGEON)
« on: January 19, 2016, 06:25:23 pm »
Bread that Nourishes (THE QUOTABLE SPURGEON)

Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.… Here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If a man eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of this world.… I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.” John 6:35, 50-51, 53-57
From the deck of an Austrian gunboat we threw into the Lago Garda a succession of little pieces of bread, and presently small fishes came in shoals till there seemed to be, as the old proverb puts it, more fish than water. They came to feed and needed no music. Let the preacher give his people food, and they will flock around him, even if the sounding brass of rhetoric and the tinkling cymbals of oratory are silent.

Fat

Re: Bread that Nourishes (THE QUOTABLE SPURGEON)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 10:34:07 am »
 If Spurgeons could see the political correctness in the churches and the garbage being preached today he would roll over in his grave.  The Spirit gave Paul some insight of today's church in second Timothy 4:

“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,”
2 Timothy‬ 4:3‬ NASB‬‬