Author Topic: Need help finding a verse  (Read 524 times)

mitchcock

Need help finding a verse
« on: April 25, 2016, 10:10:12 am »
Hi!  New here.   :)

I need help finding a verse, and no one I know personally is able to help.  Basically it has to do with each person being given a certain amount of light and that they will be judged according to the light they are given.  I'm paraphrasing based on what I remember of the verse.   :-\  Thanks in advance for any help!

biblebuf

Re: Need help finding a verse
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 12:25:51 pm »
Hi Mitch
Could be that the turm light was not used or used only in one translation. I'll do some research and see what I can fined out.

BB
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:05:40 pm by biblebuf »

biblebuf

Re: Need help finding a verse
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 01:02:20 pm »

Luke 12

"48. but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more."

Romans 12

"6. Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to exercise them accordingly: if prophecy, according to the proportion of his faith;"

1 Corinthians 12

"7. But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good."

Deuteronomy 16

"17. "Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the LORD your God which He has given you."

Ephesians 4

"7. But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ's gift."

1 Corinthians 7

"17. Only , as the Lord has assigned to each one, as God has called each, in this manner let him walk. And so I direct in all the churches."