Author Topic: Genesis 26-27 Who is the us and our being referred to?  (Read 679 times)

EnenBelle

Genesis 26-27 Who is the us and our being referred to?
« on: June 06, 2016, 06:03:46 am »
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.
27  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

In verse 26 the words our and us are plural form, but the following verse in singular. why? It seems as if God is telling someone else like him let us do this and let us do that. But then the following verse says He created man solely. So my question is who are the us and our God is referring to? Was he talking to the angels? Were there in existence yet? Or is the scripture speaking of the Triune? If so was Jesus in existence as yet? where it says image and likeliness i assume physical image and likeliness being like a spirit or character. And if it was the Triune and Jesus did indeed always exist within the true God, why wasn't he sent to give his life for the generation of sinners who died in the flood but he was sent to give his life for the generation afterwards? Also why are references made to the ONE TRUE GOD and the 1st commandment says Do not put any other God before him. Were there others gods?  As in one True God but other gods beneath him? I know its a lot to read just trying to understand who the us and our are.

macuser

Re: Genesis 26-27 Who is the us and our being referred to?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 06:32:31 am »
John 1 answers the first part of you question.

Define God..
Is not anything worshipped a god (golden calf) or is it any Bing that can not die (Satan).  Remember what Satan said, if you eat from the tree you will become like God Knowing good from evil.