Author Topic: Luke 5:36-39  (Read 1260 times)

clark thompson

Luke 5:36-39
« on: July 05, 2016, 04:52:21 am »
Luke 5:36-39 King James Version (KJV)
36 And he spake also a parable unto them; No man putteth a piece of a new garment upon an old; if otherwise, then both the new maketh a rent, and the piece that was taken out of the new agreeth not with the old.
37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.
38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.
39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

A Voice In The Wilderness Bible

Luke 5:36-39
5:36 And He spoke a parable to them: No one puts a piece from a new garment on an old one; otherwise the new makes a tear, and also the piece that was taken out of the new does not match the old.
5:37 And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine will burst the wineskins and be spilled, and the wineskins will be ruined.
5:38 But new wine must be put into new wineskins, and both are preserved.
5:39 And no one, having drunk old wine, immediately desires new; for he says, The old is better.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

36 People who have fixed clothes knows this that the cloth gets smaller after it is washed so to fix this people you wash the cloth before using it, Christ has to have us washed in His blood before we can be used to help fix the world.

37 The new wine expands the skins but the old wine skins had already been expanded so when the wine causes the container to expand it busts. This happens to many who try to serve the Lord but are never under the blood.

38 The new skins expand with the wine; God will give us more chances to serve as we grow in Him.

39 New wine has not yet had the yeast grow but old wine the yeast is fully grown. We are to fully grow thru Him and not on our own.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Re: Luke 5:36-39
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 11:26:29 pm »

New Creature (New Wine )

Galatians 6:15
15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature

2 Corinthians 5:17
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Rom 7:6 and now we have ceased from the law, that being dead in which we were held, so that we may serve in newness of spirit, and not in oldness of letter.

And a new covenant ( New Wine Skin )

Jer 31:31-34 "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. 33 "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 "They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

Heb 8:4-13   4 Now if He were on earth, He would not be a priest at all, since there are those who offer the gifts according to the Law; 5 who serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly things, just as Moses was warned by God when he was about to erect the tabernacle; for, "SEE," He says, "THAT YOU MAKE all things ACCORDING TO THE PATTERN WHICH WAS SHOWN YOU ON THE MOUNTAIN." 6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, by as much as He is also the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted on better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion sought for a second. 8 For finding fault with them, He says, "BEHOLD, DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL EFFECT A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH; 9 NOT LIKE THE COVENANT WHICH I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS ON THE DAY WHEN I TOOK THEM BY THE HAND TO LEAD THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT; FOR THEY DID NOT CONTINUE IN MY COVENANT, AND I DID NOT CARE FOR THEM, SAYS THE LORD. 10 "FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MINDS, AND I WILL WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS. AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE. 11 AND THEY SHALL NOT TEACH EVERYONE HIS FELLOW CITIZEN, AND EVERYONE HIS BROTHER, SAYING, 'KNOW THE LORD,' FOR ALL WILL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST TO THE GREATEST OF THEM. 12 "FOR I WILL BE MERCIFUL TO THEIR INIQUITIES, AND I WILL REMEMBER THEIR SINS NO * MORE." 13 When He said, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.
Heb 12:18-24

Heb 13:20 Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord,

Fat

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 11:10:35 pm »
From The MacArthur Study Bible

Matt 9: 16 "But no one puts a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; for the patch pulls away from the garment, and a worse tear results.  

unshrunk cloth on an old garment. That new cloth does not work on old material is analogous to trying to patch New Covenant truth onto old Mosaic ceremonial forms.

JB Horn

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 01:19:41 pm »
I think what Christ trying to tell us here, is that the Old Testament and the old ways will good during their time, but times have changed and there's a new salvation and an easier way. The Old Testament always pointed towards the Messiah and the new salvation that was on the horizon, the Jews could not see this and they wanted to drag the old ways into the new covenant. The truth is the old ways were hindrance to the salvation being offered by the cross. This is not to say that the old ways were bad only that they were not sufficient when put side-by-side with the blood of Jesus.

JB

Moss

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 02:00:01 am »
From The MacArthur Study Bible

Matt 9: 16 "But no one puts a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; for the patch pulls away from the garment, and a worse tear results.  

unshrunk cloth on an old garment. That new cloth does not work on old material is analogous to trying to patch New Covenant truth onto old Mosaic ceremonial forms.

John MacArthur also wrote:

When I say the gospel is unique, I mean to say that it is incompatible with any and all other religious belief.  It stands alone.  The idea that the Christian gospel can mix with or blend with any other religious system in any way is absolutely wrong.  You cannot mix the gospel with Roman Catholic or Orthodox sacramentalism.  You cannot mix the gospel with liberalism.  You cannot mix the gospel with Mormonism, or the religion of the Jehovah's Witness, or Christian Science or any other religion.  You cannot mix the gospel even with the religion of Judaism.  The gospel is absolutely exclusive.  It mingles with no other religion.  It mixes with no other religion.  It accommodates no other religion.  In fact, it replaces all other religion.  The gospel is absolutely exclusive.  Now this needs to be emphatically understood in a time which exalts diversity of belief, tolerance of religion, pluralism, inclusivism, and even universalism, which essentially says we're all headed the same direction.

IHN
Moss