Author Topic: Jehovah is my portion  (Read 614 times)

biblebuf

Jehovah is my portion
« on: August 21, 2016, 04:08:17 pm »
Jehovah is my portion

Jehovah is my portion: I have said that I would observe thy words. (Psa. 119:57 )
Wherefore let no one glory in men. For all things are yours;…and ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's. (1 Cor. 3:21, 23 ) Our Saviour Jesus Christ … gave himself for us. (Titus 2:13, 14 ) God gave him to be the head over all things to the church. (Eph. 1:22 ) Christ loved the church, and gave himself for it; that he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. (Eph. 5:25, 27 )
My soul shall make her boast in the Lord. (Psa. 34:2 ) But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord. ( 2 Co 10:17 ) In God have we made our boast all the day long, And we will give thanks unto thy name for ever. [Selah ( Psa 44:8 ) I will greatly rejoice in Jehovah, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with a garland, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. (Isa. 61:10 )  For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake (2 Co 4:5)
Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. (Psa. 73:25, 26 ) O my soul, thou hast said unto the Lord, Thou art my Lord. The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintamest my lot. The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage. (Psa. 16:2, 5, 6 )  Delight thyself also in Jehovah; And he will give thee the desires of thy heart. ( Psa 37:4 )  The portion of Jacob is not like these; for he is the former of all things; and Israel is the tribe of his inheritance: Jehovah of hosts is his name.  ( Jer 10:16 )

Fat

Re: Jehovah is my portion
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 11:32:49 am »
He is our all in all, our existence and our future.