Author Topic: The Call to Rebuild the Temple  (Read 1104 times)

Excaliburst

The Call to Rebuild the Temple
« on: October 01, 2016, 06:55:58 am »
There is another temple, that must be rebuilt before one stone is laid upon another. That temple is the spiritual temple. That structure we build within ourselves that protects us from the dangers and uncertainties of the physical world... our belief system. The bricks we use are facts, held together with the mortar of our understanding. As we learn more, we often find ourselves rearranging some bricks here and there.

When we experience something that changes our entire world view, such as learning there is no Santa Claus, we as children have no choice but to allow the entire temple to topple and we instinctively rebuild upon the new foundation of this fundamental knowledge. We, as adults, are admonished in the Bible to rebuild our temples upon the One True Cornerstone, that is Jesus. And we are told to do so with the faith of a child, and the reasoning of an adult.

Every brick of knowledge you build with is measured against the cornerstone.

Do Not live in a house built by others... rebuild your own. Jesus is the architect, and the Word of God is the blueprint.

Excaliburst

Re: The Call to Rebuild the Temple
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 08:20:15 am »
Isaiah 65: 21-22

21They will build houses and dwell in them;
    they will plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
22 No longer will they build houses and others live in them,
    or plant and others eat.

Is this commentary on real estate speculation and commercial grocers? Or is this symbolic?

I say it is the latter. There will come a day when we each turn to the Lord and listen to the Holy Spirit. When we no long ask one another about God, for we have opened a direct channel in Jesus. When we each build our Temples ourselves, guided by the original architect.

Bob

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 12:38:18 pm »
Isaiah 65: 21-22

21They will build houses and dwell in them;
    they will plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
22 No longer will they build houses and others live in them,
    or plant and others eat.

Is this commentary on real estate speculation and commercial grocers? Or is this symbolic?

I say it is the latter. There will come a day when we each turn to the Lord and listen to the Holy Spirit. When we no long ask one another about God, for we have opened a direct channel in Jesus. When we each build our Temples ourselves, guided by the original architect.

When you put things in context it doesn’t appear that we will be building the temples of what you speak.

I for one would much rather live in a temple that was built by my Lord, then a temple built by me.

For this time on earth our bodies are temples for the Holy Spirit as He rebuilds His temple.

Isaiah 65:17-25
New Heavens and a New Earth
17 "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be remembered or come to mind. 18 "But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create; For behold, I create Jerusalem for rejoicing And her people for gladness. 19 "I will also rejoice in Jerusalem and be glad in My people; And there will no longer be heard in her The voice of weeping and the sound of crying. 20 "No longer will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, Or an old man who does not live out his days; For the youth will die at the age of one hundred And the one who does not reach the age of one hundred Will be thought accursed. 21 "They will build houses and inhabit them; They will also plant vineyards and eat their fruit. 22 "They will not build and another inhabit, They will not plant and another eat; For as the lifetime of a tree, so will be the days of My people, And My chosen ones will wear out the work of their hands. 23 "They will not labor in vain, Or bear children for calamity; For they are the offspring of those blessed by the LORD, And their descendants with them. 24 "It will also come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear. 25 "The wolf and the lamb will graze together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox; and dust will be the serpent's food. They will do no evil or harm in all My holy mountain," says the LORD.

John 14:2 "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 01:03:22 pm by Bob »

Excaliburst

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 06:16:46 pm »
When you put things in context it doesn’t appear that we will be building the temples of what you speak.

I for one would much rather live in a temple that was built by my Lord, then a temple built by me.

For this time on earth our bodies are temples for the Holy Spirit as He rebuilds His temple.

We are not so far apart. Does the Lord make your decisions and choices for you? Do you exercise free will?

Each of us decides what we will believe. I simply elaborated on the metaphor and the basic mechanism of how we use Christ as the Cornerstone of our belief system. Following the Bible (The Word) as the blueprint, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit, Christ (the Architect) is truly the one rebuilding our belief system, yet we are responsible for our own temple and whether or not it was built to specifications (were we right or wrong?).

This is, of course, a parallel to being reborn in Christ... with him as the foundation of your new belief system, as you accept him as your Lord and Savior. Many things will look a bit different than they did before. Many things you know are still true when you re-examine them through the filter of Christ, but some will not.

Bob

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 06:28:32 pm »
We are not so far apart. Does the Lord make your decisions and choices for you? Do you exercise free will?

Each of us decides what we will believe. I simply elaborated on the metaphor and the basic mechanism of how we use Christ as the Cornerstone of our belief system. Following the Bible (The Word) as the blueprint, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit, Christ (the Architect) is truly the one rebuilding our belief system, yet we are responsible for our own temple and whether or not it was built to specifications (were we right or wrong?).

This is, of course, a parallel to being reborn in Christ... with him as the foundation of your new belief system, as you accept him as your Lord and Savior. Many things will look a bit different than they did before. Many things you know are still true when you re-examine them through the filter of Christ, but some will not.

It is not us doing the building and it is not us that is showing the light on Satan. Does not the Scripture tell us that "there are none righteous no not even one"?

Do you really believe that you have the will to fight Satan on your own? I don't think your answer that is going to be yes, so who then is rebuilding your temple?

Excaliburst

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 06:37:36 pm »
Bob, if you are going to act the troll, at least stay on topic, sheesh. must be happy hour there, huh?

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 06:48:01 pm »
You guys are done here.