Author Topic: The Jehovah's Witnesses have a savior or do they have two saviors?  (Read 3775 times)

Fat

The Jehovah's Witnesses have a savior or do they have two saviors?
 As most people know the Jehovah's witnesses have rewritten the Bible for the sole purpose of separating Christ and God the Father. They still do not explain how they can have two saviors when in Isaiah 43:10-11 their own translation says, "YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none. I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”

In many verses in their translation of the Bible such as acts 13:23 they refer to the Savior of Israel as Jesus. It is repeated again and acts 5:31 God exalted this one as Chief Agent and Savior to his right hand, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. And in 2 Timothy 1:10 they refer to the Savior as Jesus Christ. There are many more verses in the Bible such as first John 4:14, Titus 2:6-14, acts 4:9-12 Titus 1:1-16, 2 Timothy 1:10. Sometimes when the Savior is being referred to as Christ is in lower case and sometimes it is capitalized apparently for no rhyme or reason. It appears they've concentrated so hard on trying to divide the Father and the Son that they forgot that only one, according to the Father can be the savior of Israel.

1 John 4: (NWT)
14 In addition, we ourselves have beheld and are bearing witness that the Father has sent forth his Son as Savior of the world.

Titus 2: (NWT)
6 Likewise keep on exhorting the younger men to be sound in mind, 7 in all things showing yourself an example of fine works; showing uncorruptness in your teaching, seriousness, 8 wholesome speech which cannot be condemned; so that the man on the opposing side may get ashamed, having nothing vile to say about us. 9 Let slaves be in subjection to their owners in all things, and please them well, not talking back, 10 not committing theft, but exhibiting good fidelity to the full, so that they may adorn the teaching of our Savior, God, in all things.

Acts 4 (NWT)
9 if we are this day being examined, on the basis of a good deed to an ailing man, as to by whom this man has been made well, 10 let it be known to all of YOU and to all the people of Israel, that in the name of Jesus Christ the Naz·a·rene´, whom YOU impaled but whom God raised up from the dead, by this one does this man stand here sound in front of YOU. 11 This is ‘the stone that was treated by YOU builders as of no account that has become the head of the corner.’ 12 Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”

Fat

Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses have a savior or do they have two saviors?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 12:54:00 pm »
I have the following conversation going on via PM on another board, I sent this OP as my question. I'll keep you up to date but comment if you like.
Quote from: saphire
Originally Posted by saphire
i am new to this sight and just read your post,christ was the end of the law,because under the mosaic law the nation were imperfect and had to offer up animal sacrifices for there sins,when christ died that old moasic law died with him and nailed to the steak, so we are now under thw law of christ, math 10 1-4,the problem is that people do not always see the full picture,to understand the true god and why he permitted certain things to happen you would need to read the whole bile and meditate on it.
Quote from: Fat
By the wording you use I would guess you are JW's.
I have made 3 post on this forum so I can claim to also be a newby. I am not new to the Bible and not new to the NWT and of it's claims of two saviors.

Are my assumptions right? Are you JW?
you guessed right,is that a problem,i know that alot of people have misconceptions about us,so if dont wish to chat to me thats fine,but thanks for replying to my email anyway
I am a member of a small board that only has a half dozen or so active posters. We are Sola scriptura and do not use outside sources like the Watchtower. A while back I asked a question about your NWT could you answer it for me?

http://biblediscussion.org/index.php...98.html#msg698

"Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
whats the question,i will do my best

Moss

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 02:57:16 pm »
I have the following conversation going on via PM on another board, I sent this OP as my question. I'll keep you up to date but comment if you like.

Where is this forum, so we can follow it?

Fat

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 04:25:18 pm »
Where is this forum, so we can follow it?

You can't follow it because it is private PM email.
Christianchat.com

Fat

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 09:13:14 am »
Looks like this is the best we'll get as far as an answer, got to thank her for trying.
answer your question i will need to go back to when adam sinned aginst god and brought sin and death to all mankind,from that point on gen 3 v 15 comes into play,that scripture concerned 2 seeds satans seed and the womens seed,one would be bruised in the the head the other in the heel,jesus was of the womens seed and by his sacrifice he would redeem all mankind from sin and death,,so there is only one saviour,adam who was perfect had failed,so it would need a perfect man to even the balance ps 49 v 7,because no imperfect human could do that,so right back to the begining the only person mentioned as a saviour is christ jesus,through that ransome sacrifice mankind has the hope of everlasting life here on the earth forever,john 17 v 3 tells us what we need to do to recieve that promise.jehovah is the creator of the heavens and the earth,the only way he could save mankind was by providing a ransome for imperfect people,and he lovingly chose to send his only begotton son.
thats the best i can do,jesus way of teaching was simplistic and easy to understand,because he wanted to reach peoples hearts with the truth of gods word,and as you know because he spoke the truth he was put to death for it.all the best take care
There is a contradiction in these verses.
1 John 4: (NWT)
14 In addition, we ourselves have beheld and are bearing witness that the Father has sent forth his Son as Savior of the world.

And

Isaiah 43:10-11 (NWT)
"YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none. I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”

Your explanation does not address it. This problem exist because of what the Watchtower did to John1:1. When you took the deity from Christ you left yourself without a savior. If they are not one then Isaiah 43:10-11 is a lie.

God bless, and my prayers are for your eyes to be open.

Fat

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 11:30:37 am »

so what does it mean to be a witness of jehovah, and john 1 v 1 needs to be read in context,try reading the whole chapter of john ch 1 nothing has been taken away from christ,we could not be accepted by the true god unless we accepted the ransome sacrifice.
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (KJV)
1 God is one God

1In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god (NWT)

1 God + 1 god = 2god's

By the way context must be taken as a whole not just a chapter. Your NWT is in conflict with it's self.

Does your bible (Watchtower) teach that Christ had the power to forgive sin? Did He forgive any sins before the "stake"?
sorry i totally disagree,i think it is best to leave it as this is going no where,i am not prepared to have a battle of wills.take care

Moss

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 09:53:16 am »
a battle of wills

Hummm?

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 02:41:09 pm »
You can find all kind of problems with their translation, for instance the conflict with John 6:44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by Jehovah.’

And:

John 14:6  Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

The conflict arises only because of their translation of John 1:1

Kimberley

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 02:36:27 pm »
I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses also. Hello. Jesus is a savior of us in that he willingly sacrificed not only his earthly life in our behalf, but gave up a long heavenly life, before becoming human, out of love for mankind. Ultimately, it is the loving kindness and compassion of his Father, being willing to accept the sacrifice of his son, that makes Jehovah God the ultimate Savior. Jesus actions are a reflection of the compassion of his father. Proverbs 8 describes Jesus' prehuman existence, gives him the title of 'wisdom' which is fitting because a prophesied title of his is also Wonderful Counselor' which he certainly is. Jesus as a 'begotton'son means he was created. Proverbs 8: from 22-31 explains this perfectly and it matters not which translation you use. An 'indigo sky' or a 'lapis sky' or a 'sapphire sky' are all blue skies, right? 2Tim. 3:16 assures us that the scriptures set matters straight. Prov. 8 puts the proper perspective on Genesis 1:26 and what is meant by 'our' image. Also, Phil. 2:5-11.

Fat

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 04:01:06 pm »
I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses also. Hello. Jesus is a savior of us in that he willingly sacrificed not only his earthly life in our behalf, but gave up a long heavenly life, before becoming human, out of love for mankind. Ultimately, it is the loving kindness and compassion of his Father, being willing to accept the sacrifice of his son, that makes Jehovah God the ultimate Savior. Jesus actions are a reflection of the compassion of his father. Proverbs 8 describes Jesus' prehuman existence, gives him the title of 'wisdom' which is fitting because a prophesied title of his is also Wonderful Counselor' which he certainly is. Jesus as a 'begotton'son means he was created. Proverbs 8: from 22-31 explains this perfectly and it matters not which translation you use. An 'indigo sky' or a 'lapis sky' or a 'sapphire sky' are all blue skies, right? 2Tim. 3:16 assures us that the scriptures set matters straight. Prov. 8 puts the proper perspective on Genesis 1:26 and what is meant by 'our' image. Also, Phil. 2:5-11.

My God is not so weak and much more loving. He humbled Himself lower than the angels and took up the form of man to sacrifice Himself for my sins, He did not send a created being or an angel to do that for me. I have only one God and one Savior.

Isaiah 43:10-11 "YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none. I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”

Titus 2: (NWT)
6 Likewise keep on exhorting the younger men to be sound in mind, 7 in all things showing yourself an example of fine works; showing uncorruptness in your teaching, seriousness, 8 wholesome speech which cannot be condemned; so that the man on the opposing side may get ashamed, having nothing vile to say about us. 9 Let slaves be in subjection to their owners in all things, and please them well, not talking back, 10 not committing theft, but exhibiting good fidelity to the full, so that they may adorn the teaching of our Savior, God, in all things.

But I repeat myself.