Author Topic: Did the Holy Spirit have a hand in the Creation?  (Read 2257 times)

Fat

Did the Holy Spirit have a hand in the Creation?
« on: May 30, 2012, 07:17:03 pm »
Genesis 1:2 The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.

26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness ; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Job 26:13 By His Spirit He hath garnished the heavens; His hand hath formed the crooked serpent. (KJV)

Psalm 104:29-30  You hide Your face, they are dismayed ; You take away their spirit, they expire And return to their dust. You send forth Your Spirit, they are created ; And You renew the face of the ground.

Matthew 1:18
Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows : when His mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child by the Holy Spirit.

When considering the creation did you ever consider that the Holy Spirit actually had a hand in the matter? People like refer to the Genesis 1:26 where God said let us make man in our image according to our likeness, as an indication that more than one entity was involved in the creation of the universe and the earth in particular. But it actually starts before that if you look back at Genesis 1:2 where God tells us that the earth was formless and void He also tells us that the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. We also see in Job 26:13 that God's Spirit had a hand in garnishing the heavens. Look further and you find in Psalms 104:29-30 the Psalmist states that you send it your Spirit and they are created when referring to man. One other thing we can consider that Christ himself was conceived by the Holy Spirit, Matthews 1:18. Is it so hard to conceive that the Holy Spirit would have a hand in the creation when we know from John one that Christ also had a hand in the creation, could this be what the reference Genesis 1:26 was referring to?

Hal

Re: Did the Holy Spirit have a hand in the Creation?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 06:44:57 pm »
The Spirit is almost like a silent partner in the Scriptures. We see what His works do but never hear Him speak, but we feel Him speak in our hearts.

JB Horn

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 07:58:26 am »
Then the Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground and
                breathed into his nostrils the breath  or  spirit of life, and
                man became a living being. (Genesis 2:7 AMP)

The Spirit gave life in the womb of a virgin, isn't that what He did here Adam?

Hal

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 06:43:11 pm »
This may be a bit off-topic, but have you ever wondered if the Holy Ghost was eternal from the beginning of time same as a father. The Bible is pretty clear that Christ was from the beginning the same as a father so he was not a created entity. But I don't see that mentioned anywhere about the Holy Spirit.

philer

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 04:39:29 pm »
This is my view,and understanding, that GOD the father has a spirit, the holy spirit,this is why the verse states "the SPIRIT of GOD", it is still GOD the father but part of him or from of him, and the WORD of GOD is from GOD, comes out from GOD, is GOD and part of him which we know today as JESUS or CHRIST who was the WORD of GOD made flesh ,still GOD but in another form. so in conclusion GOD the FATHER, the WORD of GOD ,and the spirit of GOD or the HOLY SPIRIT are one in the same in 3 forms if that makes sense. and lets not forget that THE WORD or JESUS was also known as THE ANGEL OF HIS PRESENCE. there are various forms but all GOD.

Fat

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 07:03:21 pm »
philer,

The Trinity or the Godhead is almost impossible for humans to understand it's kind a like infinity how can space never end. It is kind of like your thoughts are separate from your body but they are all one.
One thing that I've always been kind of curious about is Jesus said before, he left, that he had to leave or he could not send the helper (Holy Ghost). What I was wondering is it possible that they could not have domain over the church at the same time? Like I said it's kind of hard to understand, just have to except it I guess.

John 16:7 NAS
"But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away ; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.

philer

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 04:23:43 pm »
Christ was yet alive at this time, he had not become the sacrifice for sins yet.  but unless he did the comforter would not come. who is the comforter? christ risen? the holy spirit? the father?  there is a clue , john  16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. " the spirit of truth  was also mentioned in john 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you

we know that when jesus said that ,jesus dwelt with them. he also said the spirit of truth shall be in you, that could be the father,jesus or the holy spirit. but it is certain that that christ knew that if he did not achieve what needed to be done , the sacrifice ,then the spirit of truth would not come. the holy spirit had come before,the WORD had come before, and the father,. apparently while he was in the form he was in something could not be done that needed to be done.