Author Topic: I HAVE CHOSEN THEE IN A FURNACE OF AFFLICTION.  (Read 905 times)

biblebuf

I HAVE CHOSEN THEE IN A FURNACE OF AFFLICTION.
« on: May 25, 2018, 12:33:19 am »

I HAVE CHOSEN THEE IN A FURNACE OF AFFLICTION.

Lo, I have refined thee, and not with silver, I have chosen thee in a furnace of affliction. (Isaiah 48:10)
He named the second Ephraim, "For," [he said], "God has made me fruitful in the land of my affliction." (Gen. 41:52 )
Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ. (2 Cor. 1:3-5 ) And not only [so], but we also boast in the tribulations, knowing that the tribulation doth work endurance; (Romans 5:3)
In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the proof of your faith, [being] more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; (1 Pet. 1:6, 7 )  But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that through me the proclamation might be fully accomplished, and that all the Gentiles might hear; and I was rescued out of the lion's mouth. (2 Tim 4:17 )
but, according as ye have fellowship with the sufferings of the Christ, rejoice ye, that also in the revelation of his glory ye may rejoice -- exulting… Therefore, those also who suffer according to the will of God shall entrust their souls to a faithful Creator in doing what is right. (1 Pet. 4:13, 19) Then Paul answered, What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? for I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus. ( Act 21:13  )

macuser

Re: I HAVE CHOSEN THEE IN A FURNACE OF AFFLICTION.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 12:00:02 am »

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may reside in me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21

Fat

Re: I HAVE CHOSEN THEE IN A FURNACE OF AFFLICTION.
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 10:39:29 am »
Who is most likely to turn to God for help, a man who has everything or a man who has nothing?