Author Topic: Does Discipline Come To The Lost?  (Read 923 times)

Moss

Does Discipline Come To The Lost?
« on: August 19, 2018, 06:22:51 pm »

Hebrews 12:5. and you have forgotten the exhortation which is addressed to you as sons, "MY SON, DO NOT REGARD LIGHTLY THE DISCIPLINE OF THE LORD, NOR FAINT WHEN YOU ARE REPROVED BY HIM;
6. FOR THOSE WHOM THE LORD LOVES HE DISCIPLINES, AND HE SCOURGES EVERY SON WHOM HE RECEIVES."
7. It is for discipline that you endure; God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom [his] father does not discipline?
8. But if you are without discipline, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.
9. Furthermore, we had earthly fathers to discipline us, and we respected them; shall we not much rather be subject to the Father of spirits, and live?
10. For they disciplined us for a short time as seemed best to them, but He [disciplines us] for [our] good, so that we may share His holiness.
11. All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.

Psa 49:12 Blessed is the man whom you discipline, O LORD,
and whom you teach out of your law,

Rev 3:19 Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent.

Quote from: Moss
Many things happen to unbelievers, sickness, poverty and death. But are these punishments or just the results of the life lived by the unbeliever? We look at the book of Job and see all the troubles and pain that was brought upon him, and yet we know this was not a punishment but a test.

So since the bad things are not necessarily punishment then we need a definition that more defines God's discipline, testing, and punishment. In my experience man causes his own hardships.

Fat

Re: Does Discipline Come To The Lost?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 11:48:31 pm »

Absolutely, ask the Pharaohs of Egypt. Punishment is a form of discipline, remember Sodom and Gomorrah, remember the FLOOD?

In the end all unbelievers will be punished. But not out of love as a Father to His children but as a judge to a criminal.

Hal

Re: Does Discipline Come To The Lost?
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 11:46:29 am »
Absolutely, ask the Pharaohs of Egypt. Punishment is a form of discipline, remember Sodom and Gomorrah, remember the FLOOD?

In the end all unbelievers will be punished. But not out of love as a Father to His children but as a judge to a criminal.

You know Fat, that punishment is used as a deterrent more than a correction method. If God were to give me the punishment I deserve then I am lost.