Author Topic: Totalitarian!  (Read 1037 times)

obi_donkenobi

Totalitarian!
« on: October 21, 2018, 08:04:21 pm »
Totalitarian!

The thread that you reference to so others may understand your rant. http://biblediscussion.org/index.php/topic,2537.0.html

You started your thread making the following statement.
I'm actually an atheist, and my aim is to de-convert as many Christians as possible because belief in anything supernatural is harmful to an individual and society. Belief in gods cause rifts between family members, members and groups within society and entire nations.
You ask the question, "Does God Exist?" And that answer given on the first response by Fat Yes, because, well let’s start off with the fact that you exist.That theme carried on to the rest of the thread. You were unable to give a reason for your existence finally answering the question with "I don't know" and then justifying that to be a legitimate answer.  And that's not enough he also stated, "it isn't my position that there is no god or gods; maybe there is or are." Followed by, "I am simply un-convinced that your claim for a Christian God is true."

You have refused to accept the Biblical definition of a Christian and apparently made up your own or tried to define it by using one verse out of context and the Scripture. It could be that you don't understand that the Bible was not written in English but in three languages Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic. Words like repent, slave, hate and love have different meanings than they have at face value in our English language.

When you can define what a Christian is to me please give me a private message and we can go on with seeing what kind of questions you have about the Bible. Otherwise you might find that you can accomplish your stated goal at another site.

Admin Dude

>>Admin Dude: Besides your somewhat colored representation of my comments much of which I disagree with, you keep locking these discussions. I hate to have to tell you, but you're squashing free speech, and that's pretty much the definition of totalitarianism. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised about that - Christians and pretty much all the other world religions and political dictatorships have been doing that off and on for thousands of years. This is the first time I've ever actually experienced it myself, though. Even when I was on these forums just a few years ago, we would have discussions that went for a dozen pages or more.

For your own credibility and honor, I would ask you to stop censoring me. This is America, after all - you know: Land of the Free, Home of the Brave. Don't your actions demonstrate just the opposite of those ideals?

admin

• Administrator
Re: Totalitarian!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 11:43:37 pm »
Totalitarian!

>>Admin Dude: Besides your somewhat colored representation of my comments much of which I disagree with, you keep locking these discussions. I hate to have to tell you, but you're squashing free speech, and that's pretty much the definition of totalitarianism. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised about that - Christians and pretty much all the other world religions and political dictatorships have been doing that off and on for thousands of years. This is the first time I've ever actually experienced it myself, though. Even when I was on these forums just a few years ago, we would have discussions that went for a dozen pages or more.

For your own credibility and honor, I would ask you to stop censoring me. This is America, after all - you know: Land of the Free, Home of the Brave. Don't your actions demonstrate just the opposite of those ideals?

Funny you can speak freely in our schools about fillings about there being no god but I am not aloud to say his name at a commencement speech.

I see that you still can't define a Christian, do we scare you that much?

Admin Dude

Fat

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 12:21:22 am »

FREE? Try being a Christian.

Moss

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 11:37:03 am »
“But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.”
1 Corinthians‬ 2:14‬ NASB‬‬

Nothing new under the sun.

Frank T

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 10:38:53 am »
Can an atheist explain where his thoughts come from? I had a guy once try to convince me that thought comes from a chemical reaction in the brain. So if you can control your thoughts you can control that chemical reaction?

The reaction cane be in response to what light waves the eye detected, like a seeing a person being beheaded . We just reading those words made that chemical reaction?

Frank