Author Topic: Luke 7:44-45  (Read 808 times)

clark thompson

Luke 7:44-45
« on: November 05, 2018, 01:59:34 am »
Luke 7:44-45 King James Version (KJV)
44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.
45 Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet.

Luke 7:44-45 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

44 Then, turning to the woman, he said to Shim‘on, “Do you see this woman? I came into your house — you didn’t give me water for my feet, but this woman has washed my feet with her tears and dried them with her hair! 45 You didn’t give me a kiss; but from the time I arrived, this woman has not stopped kissing my feet!

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

44-45 This woman was pouring her soul out to Jesus and Simon didn’t even show Him the common treatment for a visitor in your home, let alone the one who is Lord. It is easy to tear people down because of who they were or what they did before Christ but we need to be willing to help people find Christ and live that change He brings them thru encouragement and not tearing down.

Fat

Re: Luke 7:44-45
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 07:39:07 am »
It’s not for us to judge the heart of another person, we should look only at our own heart.

JB Horn

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 01:04:39 pm »

“So then, you will know them by their fruits.”
Matthew‬ 7:20‬ NASB‬‬

biblebuf

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 06:28:26 pm »
How would you act if Christ came to eat with you?

Doesn’t He really set at your table every meal? Put Him first, He put you first before Himself. He is always with you, and you should acknowledge Him.