Author Topic: BLESS THOSE WHO PERSECUTE YOU  (Read 587 times)

biblebuf

BLESS THOSE WHO PERSECUTE YOU
« on: May 16, 2019, 04:45:16 pm »

BLESS THOSE WHO PERSECUTE YOU

1 Peter 2:23
23. and while being reviled, He did not revile in return; while suffering, He uttered no threats, but kept entrusting [Himself] to Him who judges righteously;

Isaiah 53:7
7. He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He did not open His mouth; Like a lamb that is led to slaughter, And like a sheep that is silent before its shearers, So He did not open His mouth.

Leviticus 19:18
18. 'You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD.

1 Thessalonians 5:15
15. See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after that which is good for one another and for all people.

Romans 12:17
17. Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all men.

Proverbs 24:17
17. Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles;

Proverbs 24:29
29. Do not say, "Thus I shall do to him as he has done to me; I will render to the man according to his work."

Romans 12:19
19. Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath [of God], for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord.

Matthew 5:38-41
38. "You have heard that it was said, 'AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.'
39. "But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
40. "If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also.
41. "Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two.

1 Peter 3:9
9. not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing.

Luke 9:54-56
54. When His disciples James and John saw [this], they said, "Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?"
55. But He turned and rebuked them, [and said, "You do not know what kind of spirit you are of;
56. for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.]" And they went on to another village.

Romans 12:14
14. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.