Author Topic: QUOTES ON FELLOWSHIP  (Read 461 times)

Fat

QUOTES ON FELLOWSHIP
« on: July 12, 2019, 12:03:13 am »
QUOTES ON FELLOWSHIP

Be united with other Christians. A wall with loose bricks is not good. The bricks must be cemented together.
Corrie ten Boom (1892–1983)

Before thee in humility, with thee in faith, in thee in peace.
Dag Hammarskjöld (1905–1961)

For the early Christians, koinonia was not the frilly “fellowship” of church-sponsored, biweekly bowling parties. It was not tea, cookies, and sophisticated small talk in Fellowship Hall after the sermon. It was an almost unconditional sharing of their lives with the other members of Christ’s body.
Ronald J. Sider

Human fellowship can go to great lengths, but not all the way. Fellowship with God can go to all lengths.
Oswald Chambers (1874–1917)

In a dream I walked with God through the deep places of creation; past walls that receded and gates that opened, through hall after hall of silence, darkness, and refreshment—the dwelling place of souls acquainted with light and warmth—until, around me, was an infinity into which we all flowed together and lived anew, like the rings made by raindrops falling upon wide expanses of calm dark waters.
Dag Hammarskjöld (1905–1961)

It seems stupid to me that fellowship must be limited to the narrow ranks of predictable personalities clad in “acceptable” attire.
Charles R. Swindoll (1934– )

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main.
John Donne (1572–1631)

The only basis for real fellowship with God and man is to live out in the open with both.
Roy Hession

We are all strings in the concert of his joy.
Jakob Böhme (1575–1624)

What happens when God grants the gift of genuine Christian fellowship? Deep, joyful sharing replaces the polite prattle typically exchanged by Christians on Sunday morning. Sisters and brothers begin to discuss the things that really matter to them. They disclose their inner fears, their areas of peculiar temptation, their deepest joys.
Ronald J. Sider