Author Topic: QUOTES ON WORK  (Read 491 times)

macuser

QUOTES ON WORK
« on: August 21, 2019, 12:03:31 am »
QUOTES ON WORK

A task without a vision is drudgery; a vision without a task is a dream; a task with a vision is victory.
  God give me work
Till my life shall end
And life
Till my work is done.
Winifred Holtby (1898–1935)

God respects me when I work, but he loves me when I sing.
Sir Rabindranath Tagore (1861–1941)

If you would have your lamp burn, you must pour oil into it.
German Proverb

In order that people may be happy in their work, three things are needed: they must be fit for it; they must not do too much of it; and they must have a sense of success in it.
John Ruskin (1819–1900)

It is better to wear out than to rust out.
Bishop Richard Cumberland (1631–1718)

It is not only prayer that gives God glory but work. Smiting on an anvil, sawing a beam, whitewashing a wall, driving horses, sweeping, scouring, everything gives God glory if being in his grace you do it as your duty. To go to Communion worthily gives God great glory, but to take food in thankfulness and temperance gives him glory too. To lift up the hands in prayer gives God glory, but a man with a dungfork in his hand, a woman with a slop pail, gives him glory too. He is so great that all things give him glory if you mean they should.
Gerard Manley Hopkins (1844–1889)

It is our best work that God wants, not the dregs of our exhaustion. I think he must prefer quality to quantity.
George Macdonald (1824–1905)

Lord, turn the routines of work into celebrations of love.
Lord, when thou seest that my work is done,
Let me not linger on,
With failing powers,
Amid the weary hours—
A workless worker in a world of work.
But, with a word,
Just bid me home,
And I will come
Right gladly—
Yea, right gladly
Will I come.
John Oxenham (1861–1941)

Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
Sir James M. Barrie (1860–1937)

The best things are nearest: breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of God just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life’s plain, common work as it comes.
Robert Louis Balfour Stevenson (1850–1894)

The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer.
—U.S. Army Services Forces slogan

When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.
John Ruskin (1819–1900)

When your work speaks for itself, don’t interrupt.
Henry J. Kaiser (1882–1967)

Work as if you were to live a hundred years; pray as if you were to die tomorrow.
Benjamin Franklin (1706–1790)

Work is not a curse, it is a blessing from God who calls man to rule the earth and transform it so that the divine work of creation may continue with man’s intelligence and effort.
Pope John Paul ii (1920– )

Work is not primarily a thing one does to live, but the thing one lives to do. It is, or should be, the full expression of the worker’s faculties, the thing in which he finds spiritual, mental, and bodily satisfaction, and the medium in which he offers himself to God.
Dorothy L. Sayers (1893–1957)

Work is the meat of life, pleasure the dessert.
B. C. Forbes

Work, work, from early until late. In fact, I have so much to do that I shall spend the first three hours in prayer.
Martin Luther (1483–1546)