Author Topic: John 6:65  (Read 462 times)

Fat

John 6:65
« on: April 30, 2020, 11:04:17 pm »
John 6:65 And He was saying, "For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted him from the Father."

"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out.
"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.
"It is written in the prophets, 'AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD.' Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me.
"I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock [with] one shepherd.
 "But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep.
"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;
 But though He had performed so many signs before them, [yet] they were not believing in Him.
 [This was] to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet which he spoke: "LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT? AND TO WHOM HAS THE ARM OF THE LORD BEEN REVEALED?"
 For this reason they could not believe, for Isaiah said again,
 "HE HAS BLINDED THEIR EYES AND HE HARDENED THEIR HEART, SO THAT THEY WOULD NOT SEE WITH THEIR EYES AND PERCEIVE WITH THEIR HEART, AND BE CONVERTED AND I HEAL THEM."
 These things Isaiah said because he saw His glory, and he spoke of Him.
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God;
 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
or to you it has been granted for Christ's sake, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake,
with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,
He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

John 6:37, 44, 45, 10:16, 26, 27, 12:37-41 ; Eph. 2:8, 9 ; Phil. 1:29 ; 2 Tim. 2:25 ; Titus 3:3-7
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 11:15:38 pm by Fat »

JB Horn

Re: John 6:65
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 12:27:21 am »
Fat
J. Calvin would have been proud of you ;D