Author Topic: Can you preach the Gospel without the Resurrection?  (Read 2592 times)

biblebuf

Can you preach the Gospel without the Resurrection?
« on: September 26, 2012, 03:08:39 pm »
Resurrection Essential to the Gospel

1 corinthians 15
1 Now brothers, I want to clarify for you the gospel I proclaimed to you; you received it and have taken your stand on it. 2 You are also saved by it, if you hold to the message I proclaimed to you-unless you believed to no purpose. 3 For I passed on to you as most important what I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the Twelve. 6 Then He appeared to over 500 brothers at one time, most of whom remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. 7 Then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles. 8 Last of all, as to one abnormally born, He also appeared to me. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by God's grace I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not ineffective. However, I worked more than any of them, yet not I, but God's grace that was with me. 11 Therefore, whether it is I or they, so we preach and so you have believed.

macuser

Re: Can you preach the Gospel without the Resurrection?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 11:56:06 pm »
that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

One thing to point out here that is kind of interesting is the fact that Paul is referring to new testament Scripture even though the Gospels had not been written at this time. The New Testament that we read is not lined up chronologically as the books were written. The first 11 books of the New Testament were all written by Paul before Mark put pen to paper. First Corinthians is believed to be the fourth book in the New Testament, Mark was the 12th book of the new testament, Mark being the first of the Gospels.

That set aside I'll get back to the topic, is there a gospel without the resurrection? The answer is absolutely not, if there is no resurrection and there is no salvation possible.

theQuestion

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 09:07:10 am »
That depends on just what you think the 'gospel' IS!
Churchianity teaches he never DIED- so it shouldn't be a problem!

Fat

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 11:02:55 am »
That depends on just what you think the 'gospel' IS!
Churchianity teaches he never DIED- so it shouldn't be a problem!

That Scriptures teach that we will never die, I have no problem with that.

theQuestion

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 11:27:52 am »
Satan to Eve: "You will NOT die!"
God to Adam and Eve: "You will die, returning to the ground you were formed from!"
Churchianity: No one has ever, nor ever will die.

theQuestion

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 11:29:26 am »
"The Scriptures teach that we will never die, I have no problem with that."

But God, Christ, prophets and Apostles did.
"Resurrection" must mean nothing, too...

Fat

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2019, 12:07:12 pm »

What did Paul say about being separated from the body?

biblebuf

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2019, 12:48:39 pm »

What did Paul say about being separated from the body?

1 Corinthians 15:50-57
50. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
56. The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
57. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:5-9
5. Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.
6. Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
7. For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
8. We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
9. Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

So the Question is: If you believe in death will you find it?

BB

theQuestion

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2019, 01:04:44 pm »
Typical spin.

Try looking at the CONTEXT!
For example, regarding that time~

1 Thess 4:15- For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16- For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel’s call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; 17- then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord.

Fat

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2019, 03:30:53 pm »
Typical spin.

Try looking at the CONTEXT!
For example, regarding that time~

1 Thess 4:15- For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16- For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel’s call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; 17- then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord.

John 3:16
16. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

What is so hard for you JW's to understand about that?

theQuestion

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2019, 04:27:06 pm »
So, you feel you can COMPLETELY ignore any scripture you wish- and Jesus' words included?

He taught a Future Day was coming where the DEAD- not the LIVING- would be RESURRECTED and Judged- whereas Churchianity teaches it is immediate when you float out of the body (their spin on 'death')

Only by smearing church dogma over the scriptures can the Illusion be maintained!

Moss

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2019, 11:53:34 pm »
My belief is that mans soul is eternal, even unbelievers have eternal souls. The question is how the soul will exist in its eternity. Will it exist in death or life?