Author Topic: Do the Scriptures teach that Water Baptism saves?  (Read 1458 times)

Frank T

Do the Scriptures teach that Water Baptism saves?
« on: February 07, 2013, 04:13:57 pm »
Do the Scriptures teach that Water Baptism saves?

1 peter 3:21
Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you-not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience -through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

acts 2:38
"Repent," Peter said to them, "and be baptized, each of you, in the name of Jesus the Messiah for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 6:4
Therefore we were buried with Him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, so we too may walk in a new way of life.

Fat

Re: Do the Scriptures teach that Water Baptism saves?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 07:25:06 pm »
Do the Scriptures teach that Water Baptism saves? No.

Christ never baptized with water and He never will baptize with water.

Luke 3:16 NAS
John answered and said to them all, "As for me, I baptize you with water ; but One is coming who is mightier than I, and I am not fit to untie the thong of His sandals ; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

1 John 1:7 NAS
but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

It is not the water it is the Blood!

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 06:23:41 pm »
Hebrews 9

22 According to the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness. 23 Therefore it was necessary for the copies of the things in the heavens to be purified with these [sacrifices], but the heavenly things themselves [to be purified] with better sacrifices than these. 24 For the Messiah did not enter a sanctuary made with hands (only a model of the true one) but into heaven itself, that He might now appear in the presence of God for us. 25 He did not do this to offer Himself many times, as the high priest enters the sanctuary yearly with the blood of another. 26 Otherwise, He would have had to suffer many times since the foundation of the world. But now He has appeared one time, at the end of the ages, 27 And just as it is appointed for people to die once-and after this, judgment-

Thank You Lord!

clark thompson

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 03:32:54 pm »
the theif on the cross went to heaven without being baptised but he did not have a chance. I think if you have a chance to be baptised you should be baptised. We as believers all have the Holy spirit.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 03:47:54 pm »
the theif on the cross went to heaven without being baptised but he did not have a chance. I think if you have a chance to be baptised you should be baptised. We as believers all have the Holy spirit.

Hi Clark,

Absolutely, I agree 100% baptism is camand from our Lord, as is love your Neighbor but it is not a prerequisite of salvation. Baptism by water is a work of man not of Christ.