Author Topic: I go to prepare a place for you.  (Read 1656 times)

Fat

I go to prepare a place for you.
« on: May 12, 2013, 02:05:39 pm »
John 14:2 (New American Standard)
"In My Father's house are many dwelling places ; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.

Just a thought on this verse, when Christ says he is preparing a place for us I do not believe that he's actually talking about building a building, so what is it that he could be doing?

Could it be that Christ is actually preparing us for the place, and not the place for us? Could Christ be working on the hearts of the elect and preparation for the meeting the Father?

Whatever it is, he's telling us there's plenty room for all of us.

Moss

Re: I go to prepare a place for you.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 11:43:14 pm »
Could be that He is seeing that all His sheeps names are entered into His book of life. I know some of them are not going easily  ;D

clark thompson

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 04:36:46 am »
I believe He is preparing people to come to Him. When all will recieve Him recieve Him then He will come.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 06:13:40 pm »
Never really thought about it until now. You guys all make sense and it may be that the preparation is occurring in us. After all isn't that the work of the Spirit?

ZLaw

Fat

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 05:00:39 pm »

2 Peter 3:13 NAS
But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

Revelation 21:1 NAS
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth ; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.

Look at tit this way, it took Him 6 days to make the heaven and earth we have now, what will the new one be like if it takes Him 2100 years to make  ::)