Bible Talk > Sound doctrine

Can a doctrine follow the serpent lie?

<< < (3/3)

Theodore A. Jones:

--- Quote from: JB Horn on June 10, 2013, 12:53:27 am ---The original lie came from the king of liars.

You will not die and you will become like God. (LDS Doctrine)

And that is a whopper of a lie to claim that by sinning you would become like God.

LDS claim comes from Psalms 82:6  (King James Version)
I have said, Ye are gods (~yhla); and all of you are children of the most High.

What is being discussed here is the office of Judge or Ruler.  Strong's Number 430

Exodus 21:6
Exodus 22:28
Romans 13:1
John 10:35

Bad doctrine???

--- End quote ---

In the matter of religion all doctrine is a lie except one. Before taking on the Mormons as a task to correct them you had better have made certain that your religious convictions are not also a lie.

JB Horn:

--- Quote from: Theodore A. Jones on August 23, 2013, 03:59:57 pm ---In the matter of religion all doctrine is a lie except one. Before taking on the Mormons as a task to correct them you had better have made certain that your religious convictions are not also a lie.

--- End quote ---

So you're saying that the Mormons teach a true doctrine? Interesting.

Theodore A. Jones:

--- Quote from: JB Horn on August 23, 2013, 04:18:31 pm ---So you're saying that the Mormons teach a true doctrine? Interesting.

--- End quote ---

No I am not teaching that the doctrine(s) of Mormonism are true. As a matter of fact I do not have any affiliation with the Mormon church nor do I support them in any way. You, however, have implied in your OP that what you believe religion wise is far above being superior to the Mormon's religious conjecture. I really don't think you're any better off than them because of the flaws in your own belief system.
"For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Rom. 2:13
I know of no religious perspective within the contemporary "Christian" assumption of salvation that is not a direct objection to the Rom. 2:13 statement.  Contemporary "Christianity" asserts "I don't hav'ta obey no law whatsoever to be declared righteous by God. Jesus died in my place." Oh? really?   

Alexander Winslow:
Can a doctrine follow the serpent lie?

It already has, the doctrine of human immortality!

Remember, Satan said to Eve that if she did disobey God and eat of the fruit of the tree; she would not die!

So the instigator of the immortal soul, is Satan!

Almighty God on the other hand states that all souls are his and the soul that sins shall die and its thoughts perish immediately! (Ezekiel 18:4; Psalm 146:4)

Alexander

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version