Bible Talk > Eschatology

The Millennium And The Second Coming

(1/5) > >>

Bob:
The Millennium

Revelation 20: 1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years ; 3 and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed ; after these things he must be released for a short time. 4 Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand ; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. (NAS)

1. Premillennialism -Christ returning to earth before, to usher in a physical millennium

2. Postmillennialism -Christ returning to earth after, at the close of, a physical millennium

3. Amillennialism -Christ returning after, at the close of a spiritual, symbolic millennium -"a" or "no" physical millennium

Zant Law:
The thousand years which is mentioned in this passage corresponds to Christ’s literal 1000-year reign on the earth. Premillennialism sees this passage as describing the future fulfillment of that promise with Christ on the throne. God made unconditional covenants with both Abraham and David. Neither of these covenants has been fully or permanently fulfilled. A literal, physical rule of Christ is the only way the covenants can be fulfilled as God promised.

JB Horn:

--- Quote from: Zant Law on July 27, 2013, 09:01:27 am ---The thousand years which is mentioned in this passage corresponds to Christ’s literal 1000-year reign on the earth. Premillennialism sees this passage as describing the future fulfillment of that promise with Christ on the throne. God made unconditional covenants with both Abraham and David. Neither of these covenants has been fully or permanently fulfilled. A literal, physical rule of Christ is the only way the covenants can be fulfilled as God promised.

--- End quote ---

I agree that God does not make abstract promises in the form of a covenant. He may made prophecy that is abstract like we find in Revelations, but not a covenant.

petrobb:

--- Quote from: Zant Law on July 27, 2013, 09:01:27 am ---The thousand years which is mentioned in this passage corresponds to Christ’s literal 1000-year reign on the earth. Premillennialism sees this passage as describing the future fulfillment of that promise with Christ on the throne. God made unconditional covenants with both Abraham and David. Neither of these covenants has been fully or permanently fulfilled. A literal, physical rule of Christ is the only way the covenants can be fulfilled as God promised.

--- End quote ---

That is not so :) The promises to David have been fulfilled in Jesus Christ. The promises to Abraham will be fulfilled in the new heaven and the new earth as Heb 11.10-16 makes clear.

Zant Law:

--- Quote from: petrobb on November 14, 2015, 12:17:45 pm ---That is not so :) The promises to David have been fulfilled in Jesus Christ. The promises to Abraham will be fulfilled in the new heaven and the new earth as Heb 11.10-16 makes clear.

--- End quote ---

Gen 13:15.  for all the land which you see, I will give it to you and to your descendants forever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version