Bible Talk > Sound doctrine

The total depravity of man

<< < (6/6)

Theodore A. Jones:

--- Quote from: Fat on August 23, 2013, 05:02:45 pm ---As usual the Rev. Jones wants to put the horse before the cart. Either that or he's forgetting that there are two types of baptism, one done by Christ and one done by actions of man.You do not receive one baptism by receiving the other. In other words if you are baptized by water this is not mean you will receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Of course on this board we try to be biblical and point things out and I tried to change the Scriptures the suit are ill formed documents.

So what point is someone baptized by the Holy Spirit? Let's take a look at the Scriptures.

Acts 10:42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. 43 To him give all the prophets witness , that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. 44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished , as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized , which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Make a note that the above Scriptures are talking about Gentiles receiving the Holy Ghost before water baptism. Also note that not all heard the word but those that did receive the spirit. This falls in line with John 6:44-45 given to us by Christ.

I'm going to let the Rev. Jones point out Acts 8:17

Now the Rev. Jones claims that apparently everyone but him teaches a false doctrine on the path, which we both agree is narrow, to the kingdom of God. (Matthew 7:14)

What do we teach? John 14:6 Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Fat on August 23, 2013, 05:02:45 pm ---
What is the sin that was repented of at Pentecost in regard to the message they heard on that day? In case you haven't noticed it is commanded "Give to the one who asks you." Answer the question.
As usual the Rev. Jones wants to put the horse before the cart. Either that or he's forgetting that there are two types of baptism, one done by Christ and one done by actions of man.You do not receive one baptism by receiving the other. In other words if you are baptized by water this is not mean you will receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Of course on this board we try to be biblical and point things out and I tried to change the Scriptures the suit are ill formed documents.

So what point is someone baptized by the Holy Spirit? Let's take a look at the Scriptures.

Acts 10:42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. 43 To him give all the prophets witness , that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. 44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished , as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized , which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Make a note that the above Scriptures are talking about Gentiles receiving the Holy Ghost before water baptism. Also note that not all heard the word but those that did receive the spirit. This falls in line with John 6:44-45 given to us by Christ.

I'm going to let the Rev. Jones point out Acts 8:17

Now the Rev. Jones claims that apparently everyone but him teaches a false doctrine on the path, which we both agree is narrow, to the kingdom of God. (Matthew 7:14)

What do we teach? John 14:6 Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me

--- End quote ---

admin:
You guys are so off the topic it's hard to believe it's the same OP.

With the power invested in me, I here by shut this thread down!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version