Author Topic: One Church, one body of people, who and where are they?  (Read 1291 times)

freeman4

One Church, one body of people, who and where are they?
« on: August 23, 2013, 05:00:17 am »
The Bible tells us that there is one God, One Faith, on Baptism and one Church.

With over 5000 Denominations who and where is Gods true believers and His Church and how can they be identified? There is a way.

Moss

Re: One Church, one body of people, who and where are they?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 09:40:15 am »
The Bible tells us that there is one God, One Faith, on Baptism and one Church.

With over 5000 Denominations who and where is Gods true believers and His Church and how can they be identified? There is a way.

Please define 'Church' and 'denomination'.
Are any of your denominations listed  Revolutions?

freeman4

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 05:06:40 am »
Many people today understand the church as a building. This is not a biblical understanding of the church. The word “church” comes from the Greek word ekklesia which is defined as “an assembly” or “called-out ones.” The root meaning of “church” is not that of a building, but of people. It is ironic that when you ask people what church they attend, they usually identify a building. Romans 16:5 says “… greet the church that is in their house.” Paul refers to the church in their house—not a church building, but a body of believers.

There are many buildings and they are called Churches, but only one group of people that is called " the Church" the body of Christ and they follow Him in one way, not many. There are Christians in every Congregation but every congregation is not of God.

Moss

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 06:00:40 pm »
Many people today understand the church as a building. This is not a biblical understanding of the church. The word “church” comes from the Greek word ekklesia which is defined as “an assembly” or “called-out ones.” The root meaning of “church” is not that of a building, but of people. It is ironic that when you ask people what church they attend, they usually identify a building. Romans 16:5 says “… greet the church that is in their house.” Paul refers to the church in their house—not a church building, but a body of believers.

There are many buildings and they are called Churches, but only one group of people that is called " the Church" the body of Christ and they follow Him in one way, not many. There are Christians in every Congregation but every congregation is not of God.

Two churches, the visible and invisible.

One by water baptism and one by baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Was there any dominations in Paul's time? Yes.

clark thompson

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 06:50:26 pm »
The people of the church is anyone who follow the truth of the word and accepts Jesus as Lord. The church the bible often refers to is the believers in Christ.

freeman4

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 05:22:45 am »
There are 7 churches mentioned in Revelation. One is called the Philadelphia Church. That is just a group of people that will adhere to Gods truth in our time ,now. They are the only ones who are keeping Gods commandments ad truth and will be spared in our time.  But is does not seem to matter what God says to some, they just go on with their head in the sand and say " we do not have to worry, God will take care of us".

Jesus told the Philadelphia Church,

7. "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write, 'These things says He who is holy, He who is true, "He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens":
 8 "I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name.
 9 Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie--indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you.
 10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.
 11 Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown.
 12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. And I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.
 13 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches." ' (Revelation 3:7-13. NKJV throughout).

But this not the tradition of men so it is not what we believe is what some say. Watered down Christianity is what people want. They want it to fit their life style of they will have to change and lose all their friends. But if that is what some want, so be it.

Domenic

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 11:44:21 am »
The people of the church is anyone who follow the truth of the word and accepts Jesus as Lord. The church the bible often refers to is the believers in Christ.

Well, I'd hate to be the one to say it, but we don't choose God. He choses who he wants.
John 6:44
There is a way to see if we are one of those he wants. He tells us in his written word.