Author Topic: How can one really know if they are following God the way He wants them to?  (Read 1803 times)

freeman4

Can one really know if they are of God and following Him in His truth? So many have different ideas but which is right or is there a right way?

Jesus said to follow Him. Is every way a right way?

Theodore A. Jones

Can one really know if they are of God and following Him in His truth? So many have different ideas but which is right or is there a right way?

"Do not go beyond what is written." 1 Cor. 4:6, because you can't.
Every way seems right to men, but the gate that each man must have the faith to use to enter God's kingdom is something that very few ever find. And I am certain you have no idea what that gate is or you would not be posting these questions. 

freeman4

God said to keep the commandments. Yes I know how and that is to keep His commandments. Do you kill, do you steel, do you commit Adultery. I am sure you do not. That is keeping Gods commandments and yes they are still binding on Christians. But where people fail is the Fourth commandment. They throw it out, that being "remember the Sabbath day"  the seventh day,and keep it Holy.

Most individuals trample all over it and say that it is for the Jews only.

I guess God made a mistake and give another day in it place? I do not thing so.

JB Horn

God said to keep the commandments. Yes I know how and that is to keep His commandments. Do you kill, do you steel, do you commit Adultery. I am sure you do not. That is keeping Gods commandments and yes they are still binding on Christians. But where people fail is the Fourth commandment. They throw it out, that being "remember the Sabbath day"  the seventh day,and keep it Holy.

Glad you said seventh day and not Saturday or Sunday.

Theodore A. Jones

No person will be declared righteous by God for observing the written code. Rom. 3:27-29

freeman4

Every way seems right to men, but the gate that each man must have the faith to use to enter God's kingdom is something that very few ever find. And I am certain you have no idea what that gate is or you would not be posting these questions.

Evidently these questions are striking a nerve and you can not answer them. There is only one way to enter Gods Kingdom and that is the right way, do you know what that way is or is all you can say is, you don't know what you are talking about?

Theodore A. Jones

Evidently these questions are striking a nerve and you can not answer them. There is only one way to enter Gods Kingdom and that is the right way, do you know what that way is or is all you can say is, you don't know what you are talking about?

Yes I know what the Way is and the Way does not resonate with what you assume to the way to be. The questions you post are a play to the crowd to only win the approval of men.   

clark thompson

Study the bible and compare everything to the truth in the scriptures.

JB Horn

Study the bible and compare everything to the truth in the scriptures.

Good advice,

2 Tim 3:15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness ; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

Francis Drake

Knowing the will of God is far more than following the bible. If it was as simple as that, even the non-believers could do it.

It is quite possible to learn, through practice, to discern the will of God, and to hear his Holy Spirit whispering to our human spirit.

freeman4

How can you know God unless you read His word? I don't understand what you are saying.

Fat

Knowing the will of God is far more than following the bible. If it was as simple as that, even the non-believers could do it.

It is quite possible to learn, through practice, to discern the will of God, and to hear his Holy Spirit whispering to our human spirit.

Even Paul said that he would not have known coveting to be a sin unless he had read the law. Satan knows how to whisper in our ears also, the bible is the way we can check to see that we are hearing the right gospel.

freeman4

That is true but no one here seems to be checking things out, just say, it's in the book. Well read the Book.

Moss

Re: How can one really know if they are following God the way He wants them to?
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 10:14:40 am »
That is true but no one here seems to be checking things out, just say, it's in the book. Well read the Book.

Good advice, you should try it. Heal thy self.