Author Topic: Idenify the true Church Of God:  (Read 1077 times)

freeman4

Idenify the true Church Of God:
« on: August 23, 2013, 05:45:19 am »
Can Gods Church or that is can Gods people be identified and yes He has a group that is called His church, but who or where are they  today. They can be identified.

Theodore A. Jones

Re: Idenify the true Church Of God:
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 01:15:14 pm »
Can Gods Church or that is can Gods people be identified and yes He has a group that is called His church, but who or where are they  today. They can be identified.

Really? What in your opinion is the identifier?

freeman4

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 07:40:12 pm »
Jesus said " if you follow me" that is the identifier of one following Christ. He said " Keep My Commandments". But on, people have nailed them to a cross but where does it say tis, show me.

If you are talking about an old covenant, know what you are talking about first. The Old one had to do with sacrificing animals when one would break a Law and they were stoned for breaking that Law.

Jesus Christ was our Sacrifice and the killing of animals is no more. You don't kill Him over and over from year to year. Some may but there Pagan in nature.

Matthew 5:18

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled

Jesus said that not one thing would be done away with the Law until all be fulfilled. The only reason one can not understand this is that they are of  God and do not have His spirit, bar none. show me different. I do not say that, God does.

Francis Drake

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 09:42:41 am »
Jesus said " if you follow me" that is the identifier of one following Christ. He said " Keep My Commandments". But on, people have nailed them to a cross but where does it say tis, show me.

If you are talking about an old covenant, know what you are talking about first. The Old one had to do with sacrificing animals when one would break a Law and they were stoned for breaking that Law.

Jesus Christ was our Sacrifice and the killing of animals is no more. You don't kill Him over and over from year to year. Some may but there Pagan in nature.

Matthew 5:18

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled

Jesus said that not one thing would be done away with the Law until all be fulfilled. The only reason one can not understand this is that they are of  God and do not have His spirit, bar none. show me different. I do not say that, God does.
You clearly misunderstand the purpose of the Law.
1Tim1v8But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully,
v9. realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers
v10. and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching,

Unless you are a reprobrate, the law of Moses doesn't apply to you. By that I mean that absolutely zero righteousness comes from following the Law. That applies to the UK or USA law, or the law of Moses. It has no value in making anyone righteous.

FYI God is not scoring his children brownie points by checking up to see how well they stick to the Law of Moses.

Lets see how the early church dealt with this argument when some legalists tried to enforce it. This is Peter at the council of Jerusalem.

Acts15v5. But some of the sect of the Pharisees who had believed stood up, saying, "It is necessary to circumcise them and to direct them to observe the Law of Moses."
v6. The apostles and the elders came together to look into this matter.
v7. After there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said to them, "Brethren, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles would hear the word of the gospel and believe.…
v8. "And God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us;
v9. and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith.
v10. "Now therefore why do you put God to the test by placing upon the neck of the disciples a yoke which neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear?…..................
v19. "Therefore it is my judgment that we do not trouble those who are turning to God from among the Gentiles,
v20. but that we write to them that they abstain from things contaminated by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood.
[/color][/u]

clark thompson

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 02:30:00 pm »
The true church is those that believe His word and follow His will.