Author Topic: How to reach Bible Truth  (Read 2071 times)

Domenic

How to reach Bible Truth
« on: September 07, 2013, 09:38:38 am »
Hello, my name is Domenic. Before I joined the forum, I read several post.
I understand most people believe they have Bible truth. I ask many questions. I try to prove bible truths as best I can. If you can help, please do.

Hal

Re: How to reach Bible Truth
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 10:22:33 am »
Hi Domenic

Yes everybody seems to have their own truth here Dominic. The truth is in the scripture and is all about how we interpret God's word.

Welcome.

Domenic

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 11:06:55 am »
Hi Domenic

Yes everybody seems to have their own truth here Dominic. The truth is in the scripture and is all about how we interpret God's word.

Welcome.

Thank you for the welcome. Yes it seem most people interpret as best they can. I find it best to let scripture interpret Gods word. Genesis 40:8.
Please let me put my position on the table before I continue:  “I am the lowest, most sinful, useless human to ever claimed to be a servant of the most High God. I am not above anybody on, or off this forum. Plus I’m stupid."
I do not trust my own interpretations of the Bible, so I follow Genesis 40:8. I leave all interpretations to God.
I ask God so many questions, I know someday he is just going to drop a big rock on me just to shut me up. I can hear him saying, "Oh no, it's that pest again."

I ask question they don't teach in Sunday School.
Many years ago I asked, "Does God ever put something in motion that does not work? Has he ever done something that failed?"
Every body agrees, "Everything God puts in motion, works. He never fails."
Well now...I agree with that...he never fails. Which brings up a question. "Man was designed to care for the Earth, for God. To live on Earth and never die. So why do people teach that did not work?" After all, men do say all people will go to Heaven, or a Hell of Fire."
Those who teach the Bible can't have it both ways. Either God failed, or he did not fail.
Me, I know he did not, because the scriptures prove he never fails...what do you think?

Hal

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 11:39:47 am »
Thank you for the welcome. Yes it seem most people interpret as best they can. I find it best to let scripture interpret Gods word. Genesis 40:8.
Please let me put my position on the table before I continue:  “I am the lowest, most sinful, useless human to ever claimed to be a servant of the most High God. I am not above anybody on, or off this forum. Plus I’m stupid."
I do not trust my own interpretations of the Bible, so I follow Genesis 40:8. I leave all interpretations to God.
I ask God so many questions, I know someday he is just going to drop a big rock on me just to shut me up. I can hear him saying, "Oh no, it's that pest again."

I ask question they don't teach in Sunday School.
Many years ago I asked, "Does God ever put something in motion that does not work? Has he ever done something that failed?"
Every body agrees, "Everything God puts in motion, works. He never fails."
Well now...I agree with that...he never fails. Which brings up a question. "Man was designed to care for the Earth, for God. To live on Earth and never die. So why do people teach that did not work?" After all, men do say all people will go to Heaven, or a Hell of Fire."
Those who teach the Bible can't have it both ways. Either God failed, or he did not fail.
Me, I know he did not, because the scriptures prove he never fails...what do you think?

Of course I believe that before going to the Scriptures you should ask God's guidance in prayer.

Does God put something in motion doesn't work? The answer that is no, what God puts in motion is his plan. This plan may seem like it's not working to us but in fact it is working to our benefit.

I think some of your questions can be answered if you first can find the true reason that you exist on this earth. I believe that our soul existence, and that of Satan's, is to glorify God. You ask if God can be glorified by Satan, God is glorified every time Satan is defeated.

Did God create us to never die?

John 3:15 HCS  so that everyone who believes in Him will have eternal life. 16 "For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.

Ephesians 1:3  HCS Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavens, in Christ; 4 for He chose us in Him, before the foundation of the world, to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love 5 He predestined us to be adopted through Jesus Christ for Himself, according to His favor and will,

What do you think?

Isaiah 65:17 CSB
[A New Creation] "For I will create a new heaven and a new earth; the past events will not be remembered or come to mind.

Isaiah 66:22 CSB
"For just as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, will endure before Me"- the Lord's declaration- "so will your offspring and your name endure.

Domenic

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 11:54:57 am »
Of course I believe that before going to the Scriptures you should ask God's guidance in prayer.

Does God put something in motion doesn't work? The answer that is no, what God puts in motion is his plan. This plan may seem like it's not working to us but in fact it is working to our benefit.

I think some of your questions can be answered if you first can find the true reason that you exist on this earth. I believe that our soul existence, and that of Satan's, is to glorify God. You ask if God can be glorified by Satan, God is glorified every time Satan is defeated.

Did God create us to never die?

John 3:15 HCS  so that everyone who believes in Him will have eternal life. 16 "For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.

Ephesians 1:3  HCS Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavens, in Christ; 4 for He chose us in Him, before the foundation of the world, to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love 5 He predestined us to be adopted through Jesus Christ for Himself, according to His favor and will,

What do you think?

Isaiah 65:17 CSB
[A New Creation] "For I will create a new heaven and a new earth; the past events will not be remembered or come to mind.

Isaiah 66:22 CSB
"For just as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, will endure before Me"- the Lord's declaration- "so will your offspring and your name endure.

Why do people answer like that? Let me point blank the question:
Man was not designed, or created to go to heaven. He was created to take care of the Earth for God. That was, and still is Gods purpose for man. Why do people keep saying we will go to Heaven? If men say we are going to Heaven, than they are saying God failed.
But just to be very clear: Most religions make claim, all people will go to Heaven, or a Hell of fire.
If that is true, please explain this scripture:
Ps 37:11  Who are these meek that will live on earth forever?

Hal

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 02:46:57 pm »
Why do people answer like that? Let me point blank the question:
Man was not designed, or created to go to heaven. He was created to take care of the Earth for God. That was, and still is Gods purpose for man. (citation please) Why do people keep saying we will go to Heaven? If men say we are going to Heaven, than they are saying God failed.  (citation please)
But just to be very clear: Most religions make claim, all people will go to Heaven, or a Hell of fire.
If that is true, please explain this scripture:
Ps 37:11  Who are these meek that will live on earth forever?

Matthew 5:5
Matthew 5:3

We are not talking about the ,land of of Canaan but the new earth.

Isaiah 65:17 NAS
[New Heavens and a New Earth] "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth ; And the former things will not be remembered or come to mind.

Domenic

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 06:31:58 am »
Hal, what does Mat 5:3 and 5:5 have to do with my post?

Hal

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 07:43:50 am »
Hal, what does Mat 5:3 and 5:5 have to do with my post?

You're asking for an explanation and I'm trying to help you out.

I asked you for scripture to back up your statement if you can't give it say so and we can move on, if not I will ask that this thread be locked.

I say that God is capable of making a garden that does not need tending by man. You say that gardening is mans purpose, prove it.

Domenic

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 11:55:29 am »
You're asking for an explanation and I'm trying to help you out.

I asked you for scripture to back up your statement if you can't give it say so and we can move on, if not I will ask that this thread be locked.

I say that God is capable of making a garden that does not need tending by man. You say that gardening is mans purpose, prove it.

Prove it? Here, lets let the Bible prove it;
GENESIS 2:15 God put man there to cultivate the garden, and too take care of it.

Hal

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 01:13:41 pm »
Prove it? Here, lets let the Bible prove it;
GENESIS 2:15 God put man there to cultivate the garden, and too take care of it.

Your quote
Man was not designed, or created to go to heaven. He was created to take care of the Earth for God. That was, and still is Gods purpose for man

Well let's take a look at what the bible says.

Quote from: Bible
Genesis 2:8 The LORD God planted a garden toward the east, in Eden ; and there He placed the man whom He had formed. 9 Out of the ground the LORD God caused to grow every tree that is pleasing to the sight and good for food ; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. 10 Now a river flowed out of Eden to water the garden ; and from there it divided and became four rivers. 11 The name of the first is Pishon ; it flows around the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold. 12 The gold of that land is good ; the bdellium and the onyx stone are there. 13 The name of the second river is Gihon ; it flows around the whole land of Cush. 14 The name of the third river is Tigris ; it flows east of Assyria. And the fourth river is the Euphrates. 15 Then the LORD God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it. 16 The LORD God commanded the man, saying, "From any tree of the garden you may eat freely ; 17 but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die."

We are talking about the garden of Eden. You say that mans purpose was and still is to be the gardener of the whole world, or just the garden of Eden?

If your answer is just the garden then you have a problem, THE GARDEN HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM MAN!

If your answer is the whole word then you have a bigger problem.

Quote from: The Bible
Genesis 1:26 KJV
And God said , Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Genesis 1:28 KJV
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful , and multiply , and replenish the earth, and subdue it : and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

The KJV Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon

Strong's Number:   07287

Original Word
Word Origin
hdr
a primitive root
Transliterated Word
TDNT Entry
Radah
TWOT - 2121,2122
Phonetic Spelling
Parts of Speech
raw-daw'   
Verb
 Definition
   1.   to rule, have dominion, dominate, tread down
   a.   (Qal) to have dominion, rule, subjugate
   b.   (Hiphil) to cause to dominate

Quote from: Bible
Genesis 3:17 And unto Adam he said , Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee , saying , Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken : for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return . 20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living. 21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them . 22 And the LORD God said , Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat , and live for ever: 23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken . 24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way , to keep the way of the tree of life.

The truth is God intents to destroy earth. Luke 17:27-30

If man was not on this earth it would do just fine, no gardener needed.

Domenic

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 01:22:07 pm »
Hal, we call this planet, "Wilderness Earth." There is a reason for that. I won't go into that here because we are not yet passed first base.
You posted everything but Genesis 2:15. We were talking about Gods purpose for man. True he will destroy this earth, and build a new one...but his purpose for man has not changed.
He did not create man so he(God) could sit in heaven and be our big Genie, and serve us.

Hal

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 03:11:37 pm »
Hal, we call this planet, "Wilderness Earth." There is a reason for that. I won't go into that here because we are not yet passed first base.
You posted everything but Genesis 2:15. We were talking about Gods purpose for man. True he will destroy this earth, and build a new one...but his purpose for man has not changed.
He did not create man so he(God) could sit in heaven and be our big Genie, and serve us.

Actually I did post  Genesis 2:15, apparently you are not reading criticism.

Apparently you can't respond to scripture either, so I don't really see any reason to continue this with you.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 03:18:56 pm »
Thread locked because poster has refused to abide by the rules and backup claims with Scripture. This creates an never ending circular argument.