Author Topic: I have a question  (Read 2184 times)

Domenic

I have a question
« on: September 08, 2013, 01:14:16 pm »
I have a question;
All the trees in the bible are symbolic. Most say the two trees in the garden are real trees.
Can anybody prove the two trees in the Garden are not symbolic…but are real?

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Re: I have a question
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 03:02:13 pm »
I have a question;
All the trees in the bible are symbolic. Most say the two trees in the garden are real trees.
Can anybody prove the two trees in the Garden are not symbolic…but are real?

Yes. It was good for food and she ate.

Genesis 3:2-6
The woman said to the serpent, "From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat ; 3 but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat from it or touch it, or you will die.' " 4 The serpent said to the woman, "You surely will not die ! 5 "For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." 6 When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate ; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate.

I am still waiting to hear how Satan's offspring made it to the other side of the flood? Did Satan have them build a boat?

Domenic

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 07:12:35 pm »
Yes. It was good for food and she ate.

Genesis 3:2-6
The woman said to the serpent, "From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat ; 3 but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat from it or touch it, or you will die.' " 4 The serpent said to the woman, "You surely will not die ! 5 "For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." 6 When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate ; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate.

I am still waiting to hear how Satan's offspring made it to the other side of the flood? Did Satan have them build a boat?

Some years back, I matched the Bible (KJ) to the scrolls. Since the Bible was written from the scroll they should match. As I recall, Eve did not eat from the tree, but partook of it. A person can partake in many events, does not mean they ate of it. You can partake in a football game, vote, or many other events.

I'm 77 years old. I have been a student of the Bible for over fifty years. Many of you may think I'm off base. Everyone to their own opinion. I'm not out to change people. Most of the People I talk with study the Bible in depth, they don't just read scriptures...they search out the truth in them.
I'm thinking this forum is not a place for me.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 08:53:58 pm »
Some years back, I matched the Bible (KJ) to the scrolls. Since the Bible was written from the scroll they should match. As I recall, Eve did not eat from the tree, but partook of it. A person can partake in many events, does not mean they ate of it. You can partake in a football game, vote, or many other events.

I'm 77 years old. I have been a student of the Bible for over fifty years. Many of you may think I'm off base. Everyone to their own opinion. I'm not out to change people. Most of the People I talk with study the Bible in depth, they don't just read scriptures...they search out the truth in them.
I'm thinking this forum is not a place for me.

The NAS Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
 Strong's Number:   398    
Original Word   Word Origin
lka   a primitive root
Transliterated Word   TDNT Entry
'akal   TWOT - 85
Phonetic Spelling   Parts of Speech
aw-kal'        Verb
 Definition
to eat, devour, burn up, feed
(Qal)
to eat (human subject)
to eat, devour (of beasts and birds)
to devour, consume (of fire)
to devour, slay (of sword)
to devour, consume, destroy (inanimate subjects - ie, pestilence, drought)
to devour (of oppression)
(Niphal)
to be eaten (by men)
to be devoured, consumed (of fire)
to be wasted, destroyed (of flesh)
(Pual)
to cause to eat, feed with
to cause to devour
(Hiphil)
to feed
to cause to eat
(Piel)
consume

I am still waiting to hear how Satan's offspring made it to the other side of the flood?

Domenic

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 10:40:23 pm »
God Jehovah knows before birth who will turn their back on his son Jesus…the mockers.
John 6:44

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 11:01:54 pm »
God Jehovah knows before birth who will turn their back on his son Jesus…the mockers.
John 6:44

I agree, in fact God will choose who He will save. John 6:65.

By the way I am still waiting to hear how Satan's offspring made it to the other side of the flood?

Domenic

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 04:45:01 am »
tTe flood was some 1000 years after the event in the garden...the seed was already mixed in those on the boat.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 10:21:32 am »
tTe flood was some 1000 years after the event in the garden...the seed was already mixed in those on the boat.

I take this to mean that you believe the physical seed of Satan is now part of the DNA of all people on the earth? I what to make sure I'm not misunderstanding you.

Domenic

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 08:42:07 pm »
Did I harm you in the past, or are this way with all who do not agree with you? I'm not a stupid person zant...I know when somebody is looking for trouble. Take it elsewhere.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 10:58:25 pm »
Did I harm you in the past, or are this way with all who do not agree with you? I'm not a stupid person zant...I know when somebody is looking for trouble. Take it elsewhere.

It's your theory Domenic, not mine. I can defend my beliefs, you apparently can't.

If proving you wrong is asking for trouble then that's me. Your theory can't get past the flood and definitely stumbles at the Cross.