Author Topic: Ezekiel 34:12  (Read 726 times)

Fat

Ezekiel 34:12
« on: October 15, 2013, 07:55:12 pm »
Ezekiel 34:12 (NAS)
12 "As a shepherd cares for his herd in the day when he is among his scattered sheep, so I will care for My sheep and will deliver them from all the places to which they were scattered on a cloudy and gloomy day.

The chosen of Christ will always have their Shepard no matter how far they stray.

macuser

Re: Ezekiel 34:12
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 11:24:32 pm »
Quote from: HCS
11 "For this is what the Lord God says: See, I Myself will search for My flock and look for them. 12 As a shepherd looks for his sheep on the day he is among his scattered flock, so I will look for My flock. I will rescue them from all the places where they have been scattered on a cloudy and dark day. 13 I will bring them out from the peoples, gather them from the countries, and bring them into their own land. I will shepherd them on the mountains of Israel, in the ravines, and in all the inhabited places of the land. 14 I will tend them with good pasture, and their grazing place will be on Israel's lofty mountains. There they will lie down in a good grazing place; they will feed in rich pasture on the mountains of Israel. 15 I will tend My flock and let them lie down." [This is] the declaration of the Lord God . 16 "I will seek the lost, bring back the strays, bandage the injured, and strengthen the weak, but I will destroy the fat and the strong. I will shepherd them with justice. 17 "The Lord God says to you, My flock: I am going to judge between one sheep and another, between the rams and male goats.

Some like Gill believe this verse only relates to the Jews and the return to Israel. In context I think you can see his point. If you look at the first part of the chapter it is even more clear.

1 Then the word of the LORD came to me saying, 2 "Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel. Prophesy and say to those shepherds, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "Woe, shepherds of Israel who have been feeding themselves! Should not the shepherds feed the flock ? 3 "You eat the fat and clothe yourselves with the wool, you slaughter the fat sheep without feeding the flock. 4 "Those who are sickly you have not strengthened, the diseased you have not healed, the broken you have not bound up, the scattered you have not brought back, nor have you sought for the lost ; but with force and with severity you have dominated them. 5 "They were scattered for lack of a shepherd, and they became food for every beast of the field and were scattered. 6 "My flock wandered through all the mountains and on every high hill ; My flock was scattered over all the surface of the earth, and there was no one to search or seek for them.""' 7 Therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the LORD : 8 "As I live," declares the Lord GOD, "surely because My flock has become a prey, My flock has even become food for all the beasts of the field for lack of a shepherd, and My shepherds did not search for My flock, but rather the shepherds fed themselves and did not feed My flock ; 9 therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the LORD : 10 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I am against the shepherds, and I will demand My sheep from them and make them cease from feeding sheep. So the shepherds will not feed themselves anymore, but I will deliver My flock from their mouth, so that they will not be food for them.""'

Fat

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 08:54:42 am »
Some like Gill believe this verse only relates to the Jews and the return to Israel. In context I think you can see his point. If you look at the first part of the chapter it is even more clear.

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. (John 10:16 KJV)

macuser

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 05:56:18 pm »
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. (John 10:16 KJV)

I agree that Ezekiel is making prophecies of Christ but this is particular to the scattered Jew, not His gentile sheep. Is the prophecy not happening as we type?

clark thompson

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 05:12:21 pm »
Ezekiel 34:12 (NAS)
12 "As a shepherd cares for his herd in the day when he is among his scattered sheep, so I will care for My sheep and will deliver them from all the places to which they were scattered on a cloudy and gloomy day.

The chosen of Christ will always have their Shepard no matter how far they stray.
Amen.