Author Topic: For whom the LORD loves He corrects  (Read 867 times)

biblebuf

For whom the LORD loves He corrects
« on: November 20, 2013, 12:05:41 am »

For whom the LORD loves He reproves, Even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights. (Prov. 3:12 )
See now that I, I am He, And there is no god besides Me; It is I who put to death and give life. I have wounded and it is I who heal, And there is no one who can deliver from My hand.(Deut. 32:39 ) 'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. (Jer. 29:11 ) My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. (Isa. 55:8 )
Therefore, behold, I will allure her, Bring her into the wilderness And speak kindly to her. (Hos. 2:14 ) Thus you are to know in your heart that the LORD your God was disciplining you just as a man disciplines his son. (Deut. 8:5 ) Now no chastening for the present, seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. (Heb. 12:11 ) Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time. (1 Pet. 5:6 )
I know, O LORD, that Your judgments are righteous, And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me. (Psa. 119:75 )

macuser

Re: For whom the LORD loves He corrects
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 08:11:38 am »
For evidence that the Lord corrects those that he loves look at Isreal.

clark thompson

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 05:45:22 pm »
We all as believers will come to know this after some time because we all will sin.

macuser

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 07:11:47 pm »
We all as believers will come to know this after some time because we all will sin.

Amen to that.

Fat

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 11:26:08 pm »

Discipline is very important in raising a child discipline is hard to accomplish without both the mother and father present in the home.

I think we have all seen children are not disciplined and allowed to run wild on their own, later on running afoul of society's laws. It is only a natural progression of an undisciplined child.