Author Topic: Eph 1:15-18  (Read 619 times)

clark thompson

Eph 1:15-18
« on: November 24, 2013, 11:44:22 am »

Ephesians 1:15-18

King James Version (KJV)

15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;

17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Ephesians 1:15-18

New King James Version (NKJV)

Prayer for Spiritual Wisdom

15 Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, 16 do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, 18 the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,

New King James Version (NKJV)
The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

15 Our acts of faith show are our faith to others and these should be shown and heard by others. Our acts of faith can help lead others to the Lord. When people hear of what we have done thru the Lord it brings a sense of accomplishment. We should do practice our faith by works to make others proud but to make the Lord proud.

16 We should always be thankful for those who serve the Lord as they are called. We are most thankful at times for those who by their works of faith helped us grow in our faith, and are nothing wrong with that if we give God the praise for their effects on us. We should prayer for those who actively serve the Lord because they will face most troubles and trials, to keep them growing to further serve, this will also be attacked by the world, this will be an attempt to stop them from serving as strong as they do.

17 We will further understand scripture and the Lord as we grow thru faith, we grow in wisdom and knowledge as well and developed a better understanding of others and grow in the love of Christ. We will grow closer to the Lord thru obeying His will for us.

18 As we grow we will have better understanding things the way God meant for them to be. We will see things more like God does and become more like Him and less like the world. We will be able to see more of what God is doing in others as we grow in faith thru our walk. We are called to be Christians to aid in the building of the Kingdom in the way He wants us, this is not the same for everyone, and people are called to do different things. By staying true to Him and keeping strong in faith we will be rewarded by Him in glory.

Better to be a servant of the King than to be a king in hell.

Fat

Re: Eph 1:15-18
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 05:36:08 pm »
The problem is many are not clear exactly what they're being called to do. Or that they are clear what they are being called to do but they shy away from it. filling that they cannot accomplish the goals that were given to them. God tells us he will not give us a chore that he has not equipped us to accomplish. Just remember that the calling comes from the spirit not from the preacher.

macuser

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 05:31:19 am »
I love the way Paul was always praying for the Church. He continually reminded them of their coming inheritance.

clark thompson

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 05:14:22 pm »
If one does not know what they are called to do then they need to focus more on their relationship with Jesus and if they know what they are called for they need to trust Jesus inot guiding them into and thru it.

Fat

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 12:20:18 am »
Sometimes God doesn't waste any time with them like in the case of Paul and in fact the rest of the disciples they were called and immediately knew exactly what they were to do.
But you're right the closer you get to Christ the clear you can hear his voice.