Author Topic: Using Youtube to study the Bible  (Read 891 times)

MistahBibleMan

Using Youtube to study the Bible
« on: December 05, 2013, 08:51:04 pm »
Hey everyone, my name is Jason. I have recently started a Youtube account for a few reasons. I want to bring the non-believers in on the truth they're missing out on, I want to help people with studying the Bible and I also want to get into the science of the Bible (my favorite topic). I am only 16 and I got into religion not to long ago so I don't know all that much, but I am educating myself every day. Anyone is welcome to hop onto my channel and maybe learn some coo stuff you didn't know about the Bible! Here's my intro video...

http://youtu.be/5d3P2p4-XS4

Bob

Re: Using Youtube to study the Bible
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 11:48:45 pm »
Thank you Jason for posting your video and welcome to the board.

I have a different take on why people like to say that science is correct and that they believe what is being taught by the academia. Humans like to be liked by other humans, they want to be accepted as part of the group. Most people when you come right down to it cannot believe in the Big Bang theory, the theory that nothing existed and that nothing blew up and created everything. On its face it's ridiculous and scientifically it is impossible. Scientists themselves say that matter cannot be created nor destroyed. Science also tells us that no life can be created where no life has existed. The whole idea of evolution out of nothing is not scientific.

I don't believe that the people that follow this, follow this to feel superior but just to be accepted by their fellow humans.

I think you are closer to it at the end of the video when you touched on peer pressure.

A caution to you Jason, what you are doing will not be loved by the world. Do not wear the insults of unbelievers as a badge of shame, but proof of your love for your lord and master who suffered on the cross for your sake.

Matthew 5:11 CSB
"Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and falsely say every kind of evil against you because of Me.

John 15:20 CSB
Remember the word I spoke to you: 'A slave is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will also keep yours.

Hal

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 09:47:40 am »
Hi Jason

Welcome and God bless.

MistahBibleMan

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 12:48:37 pm »
Thank you Jason for posting your video and welcome to the board.

I have a different take on why people like to say that science is correct and that they believe what is being taught by the academia. Humans like to be liked by other humans, they want to be accepted as part of the group. Most people when you come right down to it cannot believe in the Big Bang theory, the theory that nothing existed and that nothing blew up and created everything. On its face it's ridiculous and scientifically it is impossible. Scientists themselves say that matter cannot be created nor destroyed. Science also tells us that no life can be created where no life has existed. The whole idea of evolution out of nothing is not scientific.

I don't believe that the people that follow this, follow this to feel superior but just to be accepted by their fellow humans.

I think you are closer to it at the end of the video when you touched on peer pressure.

A caution to you Jason, what you are doing will not be loved by the world. Do not wear the insults of unbelievers as a badge of shame, but proof of your love for your lord and master who suffered on the cross for your sake.

Matthew 5:11 CSB
"Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and falsely say every kind of evil against you because of Me.

John 15:20 CSB
Remember the word I spoke to you: 'A slave is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will also keep yours.
I can accept your disagreement. I also enjoyed your theory and I enjoy you showing intellectualism with me. I absolutely loved what you said of wearing the insults of unbelievers! I'm really going to cherish that and use it for good. I thank you a lot for helping out, welcoming me, and sharing your thoughts. You are a great person, Bob. Blessings to you.

MistahBibleMan

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 12:49:54 pm »
Hi Jason

Welcome and God bless.
Thank you, Hal! God bless!