Author Topic: Do You, Or Does Anyone, Know Jesus?  (Read 1341 times)

Stegley

Do You, Or Does Anyone, Know Jesus?
« on: December 08, 2013, 10:34:41 pm »
Matthew 11:27, "No man knows the Son [Jesus] but the Father."

We can only know about Jesus according to the record and Prophecy of Scripture.  Nothing beyond the disclosures within Scripture can be known about Jesus.  If you think you do know Jesus beyond what is shown in Scripture, then tell us what that would be.  I strongly suspect any claims to knowledge of Jesus beyond that shown in Scripture will just pertain to intuitive notions and feelings.

JB Horn

Re: Do You, Or Does Anyone, Know Jesus?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 11:47:05 pm »

We can only know about Jesus according to the record and Prophecy of Scripture.  Nothing beyond the disclosures within Scripture can be known about Jesus.  If you think you do know Jesus beyond what is shown in Scripture, then tell us what that would be.  I strongly suspect any claims to knowledge of Jesus beyond that shown in Scripture will just pertain to intuitive notions and feelings.

Good try but here is what the text says
    “All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

John 17:20 I pray not only for these, but also for those who believe in Me through their message. 21 May they all be one, as You, Father, are in Me and I am in You. May they also be one in Us, so the world may believe You sent Me. 22 I have given them the glory You have given Me. May they be one as We are one. 23 I am in them and You are in Me. May they be made completely one, so the world may know You have sent Me and have loved them as You have loved Me.

The reason for your confusion, study these verses:

John 6
36 But as I told you, you've seen Me, and yet you do not believe. 37 Everyone the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will never cast out.

44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up on the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: And they will all be taught by God. Everyone who has listened to and learned from the Father comes to Me-

65 He said, "This is why I told you that no one can come to Me unless it is granted to him by the Father."

Bob

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 01:39:09 am »

And if you get beyond the half of verse you posted what does the scripture say about knowing Christ, or have you read that far? Are you part of Christ body? Romans 12:5 1 Corinthians 12:27 Ephesians 4:12

clark thompson

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 03:33:20 pm »
Jesus was revealedto the world at the point He was baptisted.

Stegley

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 07:43:53 pm »
Good try but here is what the text says
    “All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

John 17:20 I pray not only for these, but also for those who believe in Me through their message. 21 May they all be one, as You, Father, are in Me and I am in You. May they also be one in Us, so the world may believe You sent Me. 22 I have given them the glory You have given Me. May they be one as We are one. 23 I am in them and You are in Me. May they be made completely one, so the world may know You have sent Me and have loved them as You have loved Me.

The reason for your confusion, study these verses:

John 6
36 But as I told you, you've seen Me, and yet you do not believe. 37 Everyone the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will never cast out.

44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up on the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: And they will all be taught by God. Everyone who has listened to and learned from the Father comes to Me-

65 He said, "This is why I told you that no one can come to Me unless it is granted to him by the Father."

I noticed you provided no comments or context when you cited some of the textual words surrounding what I quoted from Matthew 11:27.  That means the extra words you quoted did not impact or add understanding to what I quoted.  Did you not know that the Bible was never spoken or written with "verses?"  Lol.  Evidently, this is a new thought which supports my "good (and successfully complete) try."  Lol.

Since your post only uses Scripture, then you have wisely agreed with me, and have wonderfully demontrated how only Scripture reveals Jesus.  By definition, Axiomatic Truth demonstrates itself.  Did you not know that?

Lol.  This is fun.

Stegley

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 07:47:12 pm »
Jesus was revealedto the world at the point He was baptisted.
Nope.  Scripture does not say that.  Try again after you have been quick to listen and slow to speak.  Okay?  Jesus obeyed that Proverb, and that is just one of many ways we can know Jesus never "Chatted!!"

Lol.

JB Horn

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 11:10:52 pm »
I noticed you provided no comments or context when you cited some of the textual words surrounding what I quoted from Matthew 11:27.  That means the extra words you quoted did not impact or add understanding to what I quoted.  Did you not know that the Bible was never spoken or written with "verses?"  Lol.  Evidently, this is a new thought which supports my "good (and successfully complete) try."  Lol.

Since your post only uses Scripture, then you have wisely agreed with me, and have wonderfully demontrated (SP)how only Scripture reveals Jesus.  By definition, Axiomatic Truth demonstrates itself.  Did you not know that?

Lol.  This is fun.

The Text proves your OP to be false.

Quote from: OP

Of course I am assuming you understand the scriptures I posted and we know what they say about making assumptions.

When you get serious give me a call.

Fat

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 09:22:02 am »

Of course I am assuming you understand the scriptures I posted and we know what they say about making assumptions.

Hey JB at least he wasn't a JW.

Just setting here watching  ;D

Stegley

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 09:30:27 pm »

Are you posting lots of Scriptures, hoping to get lucky and find one which relates to the topic here?  It seems so.

Give one of those busy little verses which clearly shows that Jesus can be "known" beyond what is disclosed in Scripture about Him.

Or, step up like a REAL man of God, and tell us something about Jesus which is not in Scripture.  Don't get scared off like a sensitive woman, now.  Be knowledgeable and wise on this topic, instead of reacting huffy and accusational.  Jesus likes His Servants to imitate Him, and not to act like you are being inconvenienced or pushed out of your little knowledge envelope.  Okay?  I can wait for you while you pray for Wisdom according to James 1:5

Of course, then again, maybe you do not want to pray for Wisdom.

JB Horn

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 11:04:37 pm »
Are you posting lots of Scriptures, hoping to get lucky and find one which relates to the topic here?  It seems so.

Give one of those busy little verses which clearly shows that Jesus can be "known" beyond what is disclosed in Scripture about Him.

Or, step up like a REAL man of God, and tell us something about Jesus which is not in Scripture.  Don't get scared off like a sensitive woman, now.  Be knowledgeable and wise on this topic, instead of reacting huffy and accusational.  Jesus likes His Servants to imitate Him, and not to act like you are being inconvenienced or pushed out of your little knowledge envelope.  Okay?  I can wait for you while you pray for Wisdom according to James 1:5

Of course, then again, maybe you do not want to pray for Wisdom.

See Reply #1

Stegley

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 08:31:02 am »
Answer this question with confidence and power:

Does any man know Jesus The Son?